the Rift

[PRIVATE] the flame child & the homeless girl

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
The filly in front of me suddenly bursted into tears and I stared - confused - at her. W-what just happened? I wanted her to tell me what had happened, not.. cry. "I.." she started, but instead of continuing, she launched herself forward - toward me - and I gasped, but only seconds later I moved closer to her and embraced her in the way my mother had always did when comforting me. Slowly, I closed my eyes and just held her close, my golden neck over her milkstained chestnut one. Oh, Abishia. The filly took a few steps away from me, and as I met her gaze, I saw the tears in her eyes that almost broke my heart. One of the worst things I knew was seeing someone I care about cry. She shifted her front hooves before throwing her head so that her long beautiful forelock landed behind her ear. I wanted her to open up, and so she did.

She parted her lips to talk and I prepared myself, looking at her with understanding and even love in my gaze. "Azarel... I'm sorry. You see, I've been putting up this front, hoping no one would notice my weaknesses." Calmly, I watched as her gaze dropped to the ground, but seemingly forced herself to look at me again. I wanted to frown so badly because she had such a hard time telling me her past and it made me sad, sad that not everyone was as strong as one had to be sometimes.
"Don't get me wrong though Aza, I am just afraid. I can't say that what I have been through is worse, for things of such sorrow should be of no competition, nor that my experiences are just as bad, but I am not as strong as you are. I'm well... Weak. I have no one anymore, like you. I've been doing this for awhile now... Ever since we lost touch, the losses began. But it hurt even more, not being able to see you bathed in moonlight, playing in the waves." Ouch, thanks for that. This time I frowned, looking away from her. Didn't she think it had hurt me as well, being away from her? I had thought of her incredibly often, almost too often, and... Of course it was in a friend-kind-of-way, but still.

Abishia finally started to tell me her story, and the very first thing she told me was about spirits. I looked at her again, my mismatched eyes wide-open, and stared at her while she continued to talk. She had lost a family friend through suicide, and then her mother. When she was finished, I just stared at her. "I promise to never pretend again. I will always be true to you Azarel. You have a special place in my heart." And so do you, Abishia. "Abishia..." "Now, let's move on?" "No, Abi, I have to tell you something. I believe you. The spirits-thing." I turned my head towards her again, looking into her stunningly gorgeous eyes before I spoke again.
"I met my grandmother that way. The day I reunited with my sister, before the darkness, she came to us. Mother's mama." I glanced down and then looked at the young mare through my long forelock, which had fallen halfly in front of my red eye. "Also, Abi...

I took a step closer to her, turning my head toward her and gazing into her eyes. "There's no guarantee that this will be easy. It's not a miracle you need, believe me. I'm no angel, I'm just me..." I smiled, widely, and parted my lips again to whisper the last small words that came to my mind. "...but I will love you endlessly, Abishia. For now, just as friends, but that love will hopefully turn into something bigger later in our lives. We have an eternity in front of us. So now, let's go." I said, bumping my muzzle against the filly's bare forehead before I smiled and laughed quietly. This was just the beginning.

"Talking."

ooc: eeeek aza stop being so cute ;~; the poetic words at the end are from The Cab's song "Endlessly" <3
wordcount: 671
tags: @[Abishia]

Messages In This Thread
the flame child & the homeless girl - by Abishia - 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-30-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-31-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-01-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-02-2014, 06:43 AM