the Rift

[OPEN] Do Giraffes Float? [Open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As always, she accepted the hug from Kahlua gladly – her heart ever lighter for being in the presence of the mare - and was delighted to have a favourable reaction about Hemlock. In reaction to hearing another voice, the little owlet wearily lifted his head and, for the very first time, opened those dark eyes to give the queen what could have very well been a glare before nestling back to sleep. “Isn’t he?” Perhaps he would be a little more interested in what was going on when he was a little older but Alysanne didn’t care. He could sleep forever on her back if that was what made him happy. If the past several days were any indication, that might just be his favourite pastime!

She was just replacing her wing back to her side when they were joined by Ruske and once more she found herself in awe of Resplendence’s healing powers – for he certainly seemed to be doing quite well! Though he seemed a little hesitant to move closer but hopefully that would change soon enough. They were friendly mares, after all. It was with a faint touch of embarrassment that she realized she had not introduced herself last time they had met. In her defense, there had been a lot going on! “I am sorry that I didn’t around to introducing myself last time, but I’m glad you’re feeling better and that you’ve decided to hang around! I’m Alysanne – but just Aly would be wonderful.” She had gotten so used to the short form that using her full name felt rather formal. Her warm smile echoed Kahlua’s words – he certainly was not interrupting and he was most welcome! “It is great to meet you officially."

Their group swelled by another number with the coming of Aurelia. It was not so very long ago that the two had met, when they had made promises to visit each other in their homes, and now the girl had come to stay here at the Edge! Bright summer-green eyes did not lose that smile as she welcomed the younger mare into their little conversation. “And it’s wonderful to see you again, Aurelia. The sunshine suits you. I’m so happy you’ve come to stay here! How are you liking the Edge so far?”

Greetings over with, they settled into an easy formation for speaking when their queen spoke a rather random seeming question about walls. Picking up on Kahlua’s tone, it was easy to note that the new queen had grown to dislike the wall she had help to build not so very long ago. It had just been finished about the time that Alysanne had arrived here. Concern flickering into her eyes, Alysanne looked over to the wall for a moment, considering it, before refocusing on her friend. “Walls are useful and this one was beautiful, you did such a lovely job on it.” Concern growing into a smile as she spoke the compliment. It truly was beautiful, and even in ruins it looked lovely, though the concept behind it had confused the peaceful mare. Were invasions that common here? It had done nothing to keep out the sickness that had taken them, taken Kahlua and Aurelia, and forced them all into caves. “Though after living in those caves, I think we’ve all had enough of walls.” The word ‘trapped’ bounces around her mind, but she can’t bring herself to say it. She can’t speak anything more negative about that wall because of the connection it had to her friend. Kahlua and her brilliant skills helped to make that wall. She can't talk about how she didn't quite feel free when she was within these walls, though she understood why they had been built.

She can’t even speak about how taking down the wall would make the Edge seem more welcoming, less defensive, and how it would be so fitting for the reign of their new king and queen. A compliment for the present but an insult for the past and she didn’t know which one had more weight.

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM