the Rift

[OPEN] Do Giraffes Float? [Open]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

“Ruske, Aurelia," Her voice echoes in my mind. I now understand that I want to be closer to her. A friend, perhaps. She is sweet and bold, while I am mostly bold, but a coward at times. How can Kahlua reign so beautifully over these lands without an obvious drive to want to lead Queen? The answer could either be simple or complicated, but whichever it is, it is unknown to me. Of course, I can make assumptions such as a god asking her to do it, an enemy herd she wants to take over, revenge, or anything, really.

My mouth drops into an 'O' shape that I do not think Kahlua can see. She reaches forwards after approaching me, then bumps my shoulder. The way her head is placed, I hope she cannot see my actions. If she did see them, I may loose my chance at friendship with her, and I don't want to do that. Kahlua is amazingly nice. She is sweet and caring, and I need to surround myself with horses like her. Who knows, maybe her sweetness will rub off on me and I will be a happier mare.

I just need to see things the way Kahlua does.

Rain? No, it's not scary. Rain feeds the grass and gives us life, thus, I must thoroughly admire and love the God of the Earth and any being that has to do with grass. Oh, but the sun is fantabulous, also! It warm our back on cold spring days. Don't Get me wrong, though. Cold is great, too! It gives us a break from the hot dessert sands. Don't get me wrong, I love desserts. I used to live in a dessert, but moved here to these forests!

The thought of an over-happy me is almost appalling. I do not see things that way. I see rain and immediately think about drowning. I see grass and wonder if it's been poisoned in some way. I do not admire anyone. I follow them. I follow the gods, not mortals. I don't follow a Queen and King, I follow my heart.

The only horse that has ever made me ecstatic, grateful, and jubilent at the same time was the wise oracle of the Dragon's Throat. With one wing, she managed to take me into her home from the Threshold. She saved me. She saved me. For that, I believed I am indebted to her. Aly has made me content and happy, but she hasn't saved my life. All my friends make me happy, but they don't make me feel as safe as I feel with the OneWing.

“And it’s wonderful to see you again, Aurelia. The sunshine suits you. I’m so happy you’ve come to stay here! How are you liking the Edge so far?” I let a big smile crawl across my face. "Oh goodness, Alysanne!" I can't help but let my tone ooze excitement and joy. I say her full name, as I think it's beautiful and unique... I like beautiful and unique. "World's Edge has become my home, now. I've already recruited a member named Draeseong, with the help of this white mare, whose name has actually slipped from my mind..." My smile fades into a more confused one. I can't remember her name, but I know that they had the hots for each other. The chemistry between them brewing the second he walked into Helovia and she was there to greet him. "I've also got a companion, guys!" I squeal my words, excited to tell my friends. I am as excited as Alysanne was to tell Kahlua, which I saw briefly. I flick my head softly and the snake crown bubbles to life.

The snake crown is Shilva.

She lets out a slight hiss as her forked tongue juts in and out of her mouth. I think she is grumpy, because I have just woken her up. As black eyes pop open, she looks around to the small group. What she is thinking remains a mystery. She grips my ears with her relatively short body, making sure her grip is strong. Slowly, but surely, the baby loosens her death-grip and gives my ears a chance to breath. She must be nervous or scared of falling off my poll, as I have noticed she tightens her grip when around new horses, when I'm flying, and when I trip. "She sleeps a lot." A bright smile returns to my face.

I am extremely happy to be here, home.

”My name is Ruske; I am only recently a nurse for the herd.” My attention snaps on him. I take in his rather beautiful appearance, and attempt to get to know the horse behind the skin. "Ruske." His name is spoken with my rich and full tones. Each letter being pronounced properly, for the most part. My no-more-baby, but mature voice easily filling the air with sound. That sound being his name and my voice. I like his name, if you can't tell. It's unique, easy to remember, and comes to mind rather quickly when looking at this stallion. "That's a really pretty name you got there, Ruske." I pause for a moment, taking in a sharp breth before continuing. "And I now know who to go to when I'm injured or sick."

The conversation doesn't take a break. Each word spoken right after the previous. Kahlua asks: What do you think of walls? By her tone it is clear she is against them, and I agree. "It must've been beautiful, but I do not enjoy being a caged bird." My mouth sets into a hard line, proving my displeasure with the wall. "I think we need a clean up crew to remove the glass, so it doesn't stab our hooves, for that is a painful event." Thin blades of grass cutting into your delicate frogs seems so unpleasant that I cannot even bare the thought. "Maybe once everything is cleaned up, instead of making a wall, we could make a statue of the moon goddess, to show our gratitude?" I offer this idea, in hopes that we can somehow show our gratitude. I am extremely happy to have this home, and I want to make sure the Goddess of the Moon knows it.

ooc:; Please note: I tried really hard to cut out the fluff. Aurelia just wanted a long post. ;u;

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM