the Rift

[OPEN] Do Giraffes Float? [Open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Ruske might not have possessed the same extroverted joy that Kahlua and Alysanne displayed upon greeting one another (and him, for that matter!) but he was nonetheless quite polite! But at the mention of a debt between him and those that were there, she just shook her head with a kind smile. “Oh no, there is no debt between us. Resplendence was the one that healed you. Your health and friendship is certainly enough.” Alysanne had only been one of the crowd, had only complicated things by getting in the way. Certainly there was no debt between them for that! If anything she should be apologizing further to him for not helping, maybe she could have taken some of the weight from Resplendence. But this may not be the best time for ‘maybe’ and the other worries that were popping up.

She was so incredibly delighted to hear that Aurelia was enjoying her move to the Edge. As the young, golden dappled mare spoke she mentioned a white mare that helped her recruit a new member – and in the same moment that Kahlua quietly mentioned the name, Alysanne did as well: “Brisa.” Her smile widening at the thought of their friend and as a result of thinking of her in unison.

And it seemed that she was not the only one with a new companion – Aurelia had a small, adorable little snake curled around her head. “She’s lovely!” Alysanne offers truthfully, wondering at how coincidental it was that both she and Aurelia would have found companions after their conversation with Ampere in the caves. Hemlock only buried himself deeper into his makeshift nest on her back to escape the sound of the voices, happy to be sheltered once more from her wings. Perhaps when he was older he would be more curious about the world.

Perhaps!

The others offer their responses to Kahlua’s question about the wall – and though all those present (except Kahlua) had become members of the Edge after the decision to built the wall had been made, they all had about the same answer. Just spoken in different ways.

Kahlua’s laugh was something Alysanne would never tire of hearing – she was certain that it would lighten any dark mood. And it certainly brushed aside the topic of the wall with ease. “Happier things indeed!” Just as she was sure that they had all experienced enough walls for some time, Alysanne was equally certain that happier topics were desperately needed for most of the population. The painted pegasus went with the first thing that came to her mind. “Do any of you know anything about baby birds?” She gestured with her head towards the spot where the sleeping Hemlock rested on her back. Maybe the topic of her companion would be more interesting to her than anyone else but she snatched the opportunity to think out loud. “I’m learning as I go, and though Nayati has been helping me with food I can’t help but worry! I was thinking of making him a little nest with some plants and feathers… maybe a couple! One I could keep on my back and one where we sleep.” The idea of making a nest probably sounded easier than it actually was – maybe someone would pipe up and tell her how ridiculous this plan was. “I was planning on looking for some soft materials in the woods if you guys want to give me a hand! It’s a wonderful day for a stroll with some company.”

Well, maybe this wasn’t the most exciting opportunity (especially for Ruske, she imagined) but it was an option! If no one was interested she’d keep an eye out the next time she went looking for herbs to help replenish the garden.

@[Ruske]

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

coming up with topics iz hard.
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Aurelia - 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Kahlua - 04-23-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Alysanne - 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Do Giraffes Float? [Open] - by Ruske - 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM