the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
There was nothing comparable to the ease of conversation between the two of us. It seemed as if we would become fast mates and I rather liked the little fellow for his polite manner and easy going attitude. Our world turned from snow, to thick permafrost that slowly thinned as we drew closer to the towering mountains that covered my new home. He asked about the height of our kind and I smiled, chuckling as my voice rose to respond, “Aye, most are taller sadly,” consoling his concerns (despite us not being very far apart in size) I added, “Horses of shorter girth tend to make the toughest of warriors.” My grin widened until all front teeth could be seen, Kri had been the shortest of us, yet her tongue and wit (not to mention keen eye for battle) couldn’t be matched. I seriously doubted that even now I’d stand a chance against the true Sultana of Dragon’s Throat in proper contest.

To answer his next question I had to think for many long moments, pondering on what exactly made Helovia dangerous. Sure there were the wraiths, the unholy darkness. Even demons. Dragons. But what among those threats could be counted as the most deadly? Shifting to alter our path I uttered softly, lacking previous humor so that he’d know that my meaning wasn’t a jest, “The stupidity of our own kind.” Truthfully what could be worst than our own making a complete and total ass of themselves?

“From what land does ye hail from?” I asked, turning subject to something that was hopefully more pleasant. It wasn’t long before stood at the base of a mighty waterfall. Its cascading droplets fell in waves that could easily snap bones from the sheer force of what came from above. Beyond this waterfall, hidden along a secret path—stood the entrance to home.

I didn’t hesitate pushing our path along the bank and straight up to the tumbling water. Hidden behind the rocks lay a rickety, and slippery path. “Pray ye is sure footed. Tis slippery through here.” I cautioned and started up the slope toward the shallow cave that was hidden behind the cold liquid. Fina soared up and over, entering our home without drawing attention.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM