the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
We climbed along the steep path as agile as mountain hinds; it was wide enough to carry someone of much larger girth than ourselves comfortably, so the footing wasn’t really all that bad, aside from the slippery wet slate that sometimes gave way. “What stirred ye from home?” I asked with curious note, loud enough to be heard above the roar as we emerged from rocky road into the damp darkness of a cave between home and the outside world. Anduin sounded like a wonderful place, a greenscape free of winter and danger. Who would want to travel far from such a clan? Genuinely I wanted to know why he’d chosen to leave, “and your herd, was it a clan of variety? Or did it possess only those of equine blood?” a question born from the way he gazed upon my feathers. Surely my new friend didn’t think I’d not notice those dark eyes casting a lingering glance, longer than most, obviously the fellow was either politely uncomfortably with my species, or he was unaccustomed to it.

Our hooves clipped on wet rock, overhanging stones dripped from the moisture they’ve gathered above. The sun shown brilliantly up ahead though, promising a quick end, reflecting its bright rays off the water so that even the walls seemed to glisten. Our cavern opened up to reveal that we stood upon the edge of a sky-scraping cliff, overlooking a deep valley. To the right and directly beside us a powerful waterfall cascaded down with thundering strength into the lower parts. More falls scattered the mountain range in all directions, the cliffs made a sort of Basin that flourished at various depths. Like a snake, the water descended and spread out to form lakes and rivers. Trees and various vegetation bloomed in the lower lands and covered the hillsides.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 04-07-2014, 07:57 PM