the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
His explanation more than suited my question, I could only smile as the older lad explained the meaning of ‘Trouble before ten,’ a saying that fit a good deal of our youth. Though in Helovia…one was lucky to see the flowers bloom on his or her tenth birdsong; our lifespan was normal to that of an average mortal, though more often than not our own selfish nature or the evil acts of others put us in the ground much sooner than ten. Perhaps that was why we encouraged our sucklings to grow strong at a tender age—so they could be ready for the horror of this hauntingly beautiful place.

“I’m glad ye found your way into our land and I hope that your time with us is long and fruitful.” Helovia wasn’t a kind place, but it could be wonderful at times. He seemed to sense the meaning of my question and landed upon proper footing, with a good natured smile I replied softly, “Nay, those with horns are called, Unicorns. They often use them in battle as weapons. Those of us with wings are called, Pegasus. Some are a hybrid of both species. Others are like ye, without—extra attachments.” A well-meant chuckle whelped and escaped without being withheld. This fellow was such a curiosity. "I imagine our home might take some getting used to."

Hidden Falls seemed to please him right away, his smile brightened as the cool northern air washed over us, “Green aplenty,” I jokingly replied. For a few seconds, we both seemed content to allow silence to fall between us as Wilibald took in his home with hungry eyes. “There are other places in Helovia of equal beauty—exotic beauty, this is among my favorites.” Earth god had done his job well, and the gift of this land had been both a blessing and my latest curse. Still, it was hard to deny the absolute splendor of his hand across the landscape, like a finished painting—I was able to present his work with joy.

“If thee is ready, let’s walk down the path and get ye settled in.”

There was a steep path for those that couldn't fly, it descended sharply into the valley. Truth be told my wings inched to spread apart and simply soar down--but that would be rude to leave company alone for the last leg of our journey. Fina cried out from somewhere in the lower green, her voice rang with powerful chimes.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 04-09-2014, 07:01 PM