the Rift

[OPEN] here at the not-exactly-hidden falls [finished]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
At the word ‘pet,’ Fina visibly bristled, fanning her feathers and igniting the dull flames into a roaring holocaust. She was old enough to understand the term by drawing on my knowledge bank. Despite the impressive show, my phoenix remained largely motionless—predator prow flicked apart halfway, those with a keen eye could see that just a bit of meat was hanging from her creamy jaw. Accusing teal eyes rammed into my traveling companion with what I’d call a pointed look of offense. “Hardly,” the wordless creature hissed in a response that he couldn’t hear. I grinned at Wilibald, knowing well enough that Fina would shine for all her worth but hardly ever fell to rage that would invoke an attack. “Caution, choose thee choice of words brother, she understands our tongue and though ye can’t hear the reply—let me assure ye that yon avian is no pet.

Aureate stare shifted to fan Fina with a warming glow, she stiffened and reluctantly returned to finishing the remainder of that kill. “Fina, is her name—she is my bonded. We are bound by half a soul each. In a sense…” I paused, thinking of how to explain the unexplainable, “She is in me, and I in her.”

Though we couldn’t be further apart in temperament. Glancing back toward Wilibald, “We met when I had seen nearly three Helovian Frostfall’s. She hatched from an egg and it is when our eyes locked that the soul was exchanged. Her thoughts, wishes, and desires are open to me, as are mine.”There was something very intimate about the soul’s that bound themselves to mortal creatures.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: here at the not-exactly-hidden falls - by Midas - 05-05-2014, 10:32 PM