[PRIVATE] History

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

"And yet you remained."

"It was my duty." Her answer was quiet and honest. When she had stepped into leadership she had vowed to protect her herd and serving as the PPG's shield had only aided her in that. Each blow she took was one that her herd had been spared from. "Sometimes I still hear them." She whispered. "In the rustling leaves. Bird's feathers." The sounds had instilled a fear in her that she often suppressed because the forest had been her home for as long as she could remember. "They gone." Tallis crooned and Eva nodded her head. She knew they were gone but she didn't think she would ever shake that lingering fear that they would return and finish off the ones who had escaped.

The mare smiled and lifted her head to look at her friend. "My faith was all I had for a long time, Ruske." There was so much about her that he didn't know. "And its nearly the only thing I have left now." She found at times, though, that even her faith left her. Shortly after Validino's disappearance when she had come to the conclusion that he wasn't coming back she had been a wreck. He had broken her, but she had finally picked herself back up and moved on. It was just what she did over and over again.

"You never stop searching for someone you love." She chided gently, the smile not leaving her face until it came time to speak of Validino and her children. "Validino and I had children togegther." Her gaze fell to the ground and her forelock hung down to shield her face from whatever judgmental stare Ruske might be giving her. "Two sets of twins... can you imagine?" Two sets of twins and she was a terrible mother to all of them. "I don't even know where they are now..." Tallis cooed again an settled himself onto his bonded's back, his cheek rubbing against her as he tried to sooth her.

Evangeline was unwilling to linger on her own failures and she welcomed the change of conversation when Ruske asked about the herd and how long she had been there. "A few seasons. Long enough to witness a change in leadership. I cannot say that I was against it. My second run-in with the previous king was less than pleasurable as he seemed a bit racist against unicorns. The current queen seemed to be swayed by his opinion ... until I stepped in and pointed out the flaws in their logic. The current king, Kaj, stood with me." Her head finally lifted and she sighed. "I believe it was a distasteful isolated event for this herd." But it was one that had nearly solidified her decision of leaving the Edge and not looking back.

"There were a few from other herds that made it. Smoke from the Oasis. Paladin from the Tides. Ricochet from the Oasis. Validino..." Her voice trailed off and she cleared her throat. "I haven't been able to find Roanne yet."

@[Ruske]

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
History - by Ruske - 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-10-2014, 01:13 AM