the Rift

[OPEN] There Is Something In The Air And It's Not Birds

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

Two things happen at once: another mare joins you, and the massive black stallion launches himself into the air after a little dark blur, which, as it turns out, is (or was) a bird. Even from where you stand, you can hear the sickening snap of its neck as the lunatic shakes it in a mad frenzy. You are considering backing silently into the woods—you don’t have the patience for one of the loonies today, thank you—but you aren’t quick enough. You curse silently as he turns around and spots you. At this point, running would be futile. He is much larger and could easily overtake you, and besides, you’re no chickenheart. Once he’s distracted with the girl, you decide, then you can slip away.

Speaking of the other mare, she’s started talking. You wonder if she’s merely confident that she can escape easily by wing, or if she’s downright foolish, approaching this savage. “I don't think yelling at the air is going to do you any good,” she tells him. “Let loose a little.” Let loose?! That’s the sage advice she’s imparting to this maniac? Did she not just see what he did to the bird? If she thinks she can fly away faster than that, she’s either the stupidest creature you’ve ever met, or she’s madder than he is.

But, Crazy here has got a reply. "I was not yelling at the air. I was trying to quiet down the birds, but as they did not listen…well…" Your eyes flicker to the mutilated bird, and you stifle a gag. Sure, you’re no stranger to gore, but somehow this is different. This giant smacks of unbalanced power and a lack of control that make you uneasy. He’s unhinged. As if he can hear your thoughts—for you still haven’t spoken—the brute grins wildly. “Anyone hungry?” he enquires lightly, shoving the tiny corpse towards the pegasus. “Or should I get another one so we don’t have to share?” No, thank you. The featherbrain could have this one (and his bird) all to herself.

He’s looking at you expectantly, and you suppose it would do you well to answer. You’ve been silent long enough, and it wouldn’t do to upset him. It will be a balancing act, being friendly, but not too friendly—you’ll leave that to Birdbrain over here. “I’m afraid I’ve lost my appetite,” you reply, careful to keep Birdbrain between Crazy and yourself. “That was quite the catch, though,” you add, intending to appease him.

@[Windwalker] & @[Elsa]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: There Is Something In The Air And It's Not Birds - by Sheba - 04-01-2014, 06:33 PM