the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

“Midas.” I heard his words and saw his face through the black abyss. The images of my new brethren came sliding into view—they appeared as dark faceless silhouettes of their original forms, but I knew their names and standing features. My orders were wordless, and the task a simple one. “Go.” He ordered.

Eyes opened, alert despite having only just woken. I turned toward the rising sun, gathering myself quickly from the bed of pine that I’d used as a makeshift nest. Fina had already left for her morning hunt and was returning by the time my wings were shaken clear of debris. Talons lashed to a nearby branch, they were both empty of prey, but the faint copper smell lingering around told truth that her hunt hadn’t been one of failure. Likely the phoenix’s meal was consumed in the field.

“What is it?” She asked softly, her bright eyes prying not only to hold gaze but to peer past the shield of my mind and read into the things I’d just seen. I let those images be her answer, to which she sighed and curled neck round to bury flaming crown into the crook of feathers. “Ye go. I sleep.” Fina rasped, shifting further into the shadows.

I smiled, and left her sleeping among the timbers. My walk through the woods was short, the trail opened up into an emerald meadow full of winter wheat that was both sweet to the taste and intoxicating to the senses. Birdsong was near, and soon this place would be overrun in clover, rye and wild oat. “Wilibald, my brother. Come.” Breath came as a warm mist, the trumpeting voice rich and heavy, “Cashmere. Your presence is needed.”
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 04-07-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 04-14-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 05-15-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 05-26-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Heart song (Wilibald and Cashmere) - by Midas - 06-02-2014, 10:04 AM