the Rift

[OPEN] cheers to new beginnings

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

They all act so strangely as he comes upon them, lingering at the threshold of the Edge's land. Brisa is silent where she stands, even as he says her name, while Aurelia is consumed with her own desires. Draeseong is the only one to answer him, to be engaged in the spell the Storm Bringer draws over him. Moments later the large brute is bowing in return, creating a fissure upon Kaj's face that morphs into a pleased smile. Yes, he can see bright things in this fellow's face, and he does not fear that Aurelia and Brisa have made the wrong choice in bringing him to the flock. His words were honorable and soft, and Kaj inclined his head in appreciation for the tone in which his lyrics were woven. "Your gratitude is touching, Draeseong. We welcome all who come with honorable intentions." His smile is wraithlike, but effervescent, clearly enjoying this meeting between the two. Aurelia's words catch at his ears and tug him to her in consciousness, crown turning to regard her in the only respectful way he knows. Eye contact was a must for him in conversation, and so he holds her golden orbs with his own pale blues as she speaks a confirmation. Mighty head nods along her words in agreement, eyes flickering over to gaze upon the steed once more. "I believe you're right, miss Aurelia. The Edge would be proud to have you as a permanent addition, Draeseong."

With those words he urges them beyond the wall, striding confidently over the shattered glass of the old lands he used to know. Those shards don't frighten him anymore, instead they're symbolic of the change the lands have gone through, of the fact that even when there is a war they cannot fight that the Edge will still live on no matter if they are driven from their home. It's not the land that makes them family, it's the bonds that tie them together, invisible strings that resonate throughout them all like an intricate web; it makes them whole on the ideals they all stand by and support.

Aurelia speaks once more and Kaj turns an ear backwards to hear her, sidestepping to look upon her briefly. "Is it not obvious? If Draeseong wishes to stay, then let us show him our home. To linger halfway within the borders will not help him decide if this is the place he desires to be." She continues on, hesitant but clearly not desiring to stay for whatever reason. Kaj frowns lightly at her, not in anger but in contemplation, and remains quiet for a moment. In moments he chuckles softly and shakes his head in amusement. "I cannot hold you here, Aurelia. We are all free spirits. If it pleases you, you may return to the Threshold. Be safe in your travels, golden one," he murmurs softly, brow crinkling in concern for her well-being. But he leaves her to her decision with a subtle bow, eyes moving over her. He doesn't want her leaving the borders alone, she is so young still to him, but he cannot chain her to these lands while proclaiming it is for her own safety. That is not the will of wandering souls. So long as he can offer her a home to return to, he is doing his job.

This meeting is meant for Draeseong, though, and so the King turns and invites the male to his side with a gesture of his wing. "Tell me brother, what does your heart seek? Would you prefer citizenry or a job to fulfill?" Even so, Draeseong is not the only one remaining, and he looks over his golden shoulder to smile beseechingly at Brisa. "Perhaps, when my duties call me back as they inevitably do, Brisa can show you our forests? Would you do me this favor, Brisa?" It is in her right to say no, and he makes it clear in the tone he speaks in, for he will not place one of his flock in an uncomfortable position they do not wish to be in.

LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-02-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-03-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Kaj - 04-03-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-03-2014, 06:21 PM