Unregistered
:: :: ::

--✖ status

Time: Mid-morning

Mood: Content

Condition: Healthy

Characters: Draeseong, @[Kaj], @[Brisa], @[Aurelia]

--✖ you're gonna miss me

A look of contentment graced Draeseong's face. The great King looked quite pleased with newcomer's reaction. He dips his head in appreciation of the warm welcome and gently tosses his forelocks out of his shimmering eyes, aura patterns resuming a random storm of swirls. They had been still for a few moments, but nothing can tame the demon inside for much longer than that. With his thick mane no longer shielding his view, Draeseong noticed Brisa staring at him out of the corner of his eye. A slight amused smirk danced subtly across his velvet lips and he winked at the mare casually before shifting his weight, large muscles quivering with life before answering the King's invitation.

"Why thank you, your majesty. I just may have to take you up on that most generous offer to stay. I believe the Edge suits me well, judging by the quality of its members that I've had the pleasure of meeting so far. I would be honored to stay."

Draeseong gave another respectful dip of his head, only allowing it to hang very briefly before tossing it up again, his many strands of hair catching the filtered sunlight through the trees.

The onyx stallion followed his new leader, proud to be in the presence of such regality. He admired the golden coat prancing in front of him, such a wonderful gleam it had. This 'Stormbringer' was truly a vision worthy of a kingly title.

His thoughts were interrupted by the encounter of a particularly large chunk of wall up ahead. It would be easier to simply jump over it rather than go out of his way to avoid it.
He turned his trot into a swift canter and gave one gusty beat of his large wings. His powerful hind legs kicked off the shard-ridden ground, muscles contracting with energy.
Fully extended, his span reached about 18 feet across, feathers fluttering in the wind along the edges of the leather folds.
His body glided elegantly over the top of the wall, front hooves landing surprisingly light upon the other side, fetlocks dancing airily.
Back legs followed just as quietly as the front, hardly making a sound for such a great mass colliding with the earth.

It's all in the wing control.

Once fully on the ground, his expansive wings collapsed effortlessly at his sides, as if nothing had happened. He returned to his beautifully gaited trot and listened intently while Aurelia spoke to the King.

"That sounds wonderful, I would indeed love to see more of the lands you all call home. I have seen many places in my travels, but none seemed to have quite the same peaceful atmosphere that I have felt here. It beckons my curiosity."

A youthful shine filled his eyes. He still had the inquisitive nature of a foal, despite his extremely mature body. His transition from colt to stallion was forced upon him prematurely, so he never quite got rid of his childish sides.

Aurelia made comments that showed she had desire to be elsewhere. It seemed she was trying to be respectful of course, but she wouldn't have said anything had she not wished to leave. Draeseong wondered the cause, but figured it wasn't his business.
Besides, he knew Brisa would probably feel more comfortable with the dismissal of the other mare. He subconsciously glanced towards her again and gave a more obvious smile than the last one, swishing his long tail in an unknowingly flirtatious manner.

His thoughts were quickly cast away when the King spoke to him.

"What does my heart seek? Good question, I'll have to ask myself that."

The onyx stallion nickered playfully as he tossed his mane. His gaze turned glassy for a few moments as he pondered his response.

"Well I assume you have the same basic ranks as other herds? Warriors, healers, that sort of thing..."

He paused for a moment longer, trying to finalize his choice of words. He cocked his head and grinned, luscious locks framing his aquamarine eyes quite handsomely.

"To be quite honest...I'm not much a fighter."

He nickered as he quickly realized how silly this must sound, coming from this huge mass of rippling muscles and athletic ability.

"Well I mean, I CAN fight, if absolutely necessary, but it's definitely not my fancy. I prefer to solve things verbally, if possible, so I probably wouldn't be of much use as a warrior.
As far as helping other go, I love to. But I'm not particularly fond of having a burden such as life or death upon my shoulders. I would hate to have another's fate dependent on my abilities. For that reason, I wouldn't have any interest in being a healer..."

His eyes wandered off and zoned out momentarily before he resumed speaking,

"I think I would be best suited for citizenry. Sometimes I like to make....personal journeys, if you will, and wander about a bit. I would hate to thrust too much responsibility upon myself."

His expression was one of warm contentment as he gazed into the King's eyes, aura patterns changing into butterflies fluttering midst a meadow of flowers.

Draeseong was satisfied with his response, and only hoped his rejection of a role wouldn't come off as selfish or irresponsible. A new false reputation was the last thing he needed.

when I'm gone ✖--

Layout and coding © Lawlius.
HORSE BY LARISSAALLEN ~ HOOVES BY SLIME-STOCK ~ FEATHERS BY HYPERACTIVE-ACTIVATE
WINGS BY ELEVIT-STOCK ~ BACKGROUND BY FINSTERNIS-STOCK ~ EVERYTHING ELSE AMOURANTH

Messages In This Thread
cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-02-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Aurelia - 04-03-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Kaj - 04-03-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Brisa - 04-03-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Kaj - 04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: cheers to new beginnings - by Draeseong - 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM