the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth only patiently smiled. His body was like that of a stone, unmoving and unyielding, holding power not in show but in quiet. While her questions were accusatory and pointed, the God took no personal offense. Even if she wanted to cry and beat her wings against his body, he would not be offended. The plight of a few mortals was always to struggle against the gods and the way of things, and a few even made changes. He could not blame or judge her for following her heart - even if it was misguiding.

He did not respond to her outbursts. "I am bonded to every living creature who chooses to reside in Helovia, Ampere," he said quietly. "When any species speaks, I listen. My presence is not only here to serve the equines, but to serve all, from the minerals beneath your hooves to the lowliest snail. Should my physical manifestation disappear, you will not see many changes, for my soul is a part of all living things."

The God was interested in how she thought that she was more qualified than he to judge the state of the bonds. He had lived here for many centuries, had seen the affects of the world shifting. Just because she did not see him walking among her kind did not mean that he was not there, observing. And, when he did not have eyes and ears to lend, his good, good friend, the turtle, would often inform him of the comings and goings. So why then was she so confident in herself?

"Many do not choose to be bonded and do not know what it is when it happens. The product of many of these bonds still live today, if you know where to look. Even your friend here and her loyal companion was too young to know what it meant," he explained quietly. The God pauses. "The companion chooses who it is bonded to," he said. "The bond must be solidified with acts of kindness and caring, otherwise, the creature dies naturally. The bond is not there to chain the helpless to the souls of the horses but to create a unique and special channel with which to connect different species."

Even as the air sparked around them, dust rising, he remained steadfast. Then, he raised a brow. "The companions do mate with each other and have children..." he trailed, wondering where she had gotten the idea that they do not. "They can raise their own and have families, just as the equines do."

"You make an excellent point, that two, willing souls should be able to bond with each other," he said quietly, nodding. "However, that is not the way of adult souls. The creatures who are the companions and even the souls of the equines are too different past a developmental age to experience love that is unconditional. In a way, the companions can reteach this to the older equines in their infant stage because the equid species has a unique and beautiful depth of compassion."

"Should you find a soul mate in this world and you and he or her desire to have your souls bonded, magic can do so. Twins have been born with the ability to be connected, mind and soul, but few mortals are willing to suspend their individuality to tie onto another. The mortals have a difficult time trusting each other, even in love, but the companion, the innocent as you say, do not." The God paused. "But all of this is rather philosophic, since the nature of each bond is unique. Circumstances, history and a spark decide the soul, so all of these determine the nature of the bond. Do you not think that some creatures are warring?"

The God smiled. "Dragons, for example, are amazingly territorial creatures, prepared to fight first and think later. Some break the genetic mold, but most, when they come into their own, are natural fighters. They need not be dragged into battle or told to fight - they defend naturally. Is it not natural to fight for those you love? Would you not step into an argument to defend your friend?"

As her anger subsided and she seemed tired, the God nodded. "Language is as much a part of the soul as it is a technical method of communication. To understand the meaning of the words, how to form them, the truth behind them, takes a certain kind of mind. The creatures speak their own language, a language you would struggle with and perhaps create more problems. However, there are a few who have mastered the art of speaking to a single species. That does not, however, create the bond between soul and mind. Partnership, loyalty, agreement are all words that can be just as easily broken as they are created. A bond, a true soul bond, cannot and there is beauty in this constant when so few things are constant in this world."

The God of the Earth's eyes darkened, wondering if she knew the gravity of what she asked. He frowned, thinking of the violence that would ensue, the tragedy of having one's soul torn apart, the death that would follow... He shook his head, leaves and dirt falling from his rough mane. "Death is the only way to break a bond, and doing so would be the most excruciating and painful experience both of them would face. Magic, can, however, silence the communication between the two, but they will still remain bonded," he said.

"Why not let one speak for himself." Then, he turned to Tandavi and Natraj, giving the creature a voice. "How would you feel if you could no longer communicate with Tandavi?" he asked. "Did you choose her?"

[Natraj can speak for the time being, but he would find it very difficult to make the sounds needed for speech!]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by God of the Earth - 07-18-2014, 01:33 PM