the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth sighed. "You are not as old as you may feel, Ampere," he replied sternly. "Just because you have never seen it does not mean that it does not happen. You are a single drop in the ocean of time, able to only see what is in front of your own two hooves. Are you going to assume that just because you cannot see it, it does not exist?"

When Tandavi's companion spoke, he smiled, chest blooming with pride. He leaned down and breathed a mark of healing upon the creature's forehead. A bronze marking appeared on his head in the shape of an oak leaf, the symbol of the Earth God's blessing. Perhaps the marking would fade over time, but for now, it glowed strongly. "Thank you, Natraj," he said clearly before listening again to Ampere's stubbornness.

The story she told was apt and accurate, but not quite the same. A bond was entirely different from a friendship, and such bonds are not so easily broken. Only death could claim and severe such a strong tie. "Your story would apply to this situation if you assumed the two were bonded, but they are not." His expression darkened with the sky at her final request.

A thunder cloud rolled over head as his fur turned to roughened bark. Rarely was the God of the Earth ever angry or rattled, but now, he trembled the ground beneath his hooves. Green eyes turned sharp, and he ground his teeth, looking to Natraj and Tandavi, seeing the beauty of the bond they shared in their eyes. He shook his head, loosing thick clouds of dirt and dust from his black, musty mane.

"A bond ends in death," he said coolly. "To sever a bond is to condemn the companion to the end of its life. I will not give you the power over life and death, Ampere. I will not give you the ability to control the lives of others, to choose for the companions who choose for themselves at birth, and I will not give you the power to kill companions simply out of your vendetta against a bond you have never experienced," he rumbled.

"Find another god to give you the ability to murder life. I will not."

Ampere cannot have magic to permanently destroy a companion bond, since the companion would die if the bond was severed. We would have to restrict the magic and then the character whose bond was severed would not be able to bond again or would rarely be able to bond again.

She can, however, silence the bond temporarily like during the darkness plot if you want that magic.

Or, she can try to speak to another god!

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by God of the Earth - 08-05-2014, 03:14 PM