the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should I Believe In The World Momma?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

[If you would like to join this thread please ask first :)]

Wings shifted the air around. It was stale, despite the winds. This place echoed with its emptiness, one born out of the nostalgia for what it had once been.

She hadn't known it then, but the ground told the tales with its worn pattern of hoof marks; both crescents and dual indents. She had been here once before though, when the world had been plunged in a different kind of darkness and a flaming beast had marred her legs. She had come in desperate frustration and slew empty prayers and swollen curses at any god she could name.

"That seems a lifetime ago," she thought with a frail smile - she was nervous. It had only been a year past in truth, but so much had changed, as evidence by her renewed faith in coming here. She hoped to lend her thoughts, or rather her questions, to the heavens in the hopes of enlightenment... or anything akin to it.

The air stirred again, though wings lay across a black back; the passing of a pent up breath. She was anxious. The feeling came in part because she feared silence, as she had been granted last time. She feared rejection, her devout nature certainly questionable. Above all else, she feared a response.

What she might discover here had the potential to change everything and nothing all at once. The weight of that alone bore down on her with an ominous intensity that she could not shake. A wiser horse might have turned back, muttering the age old mantra that ignorance is bliss and we all have an equal right to pursuit of happiness. "I'm not interested in joy," Ampere thought with a hardening resolve. "I'm here for truth."

The unknown was scary, and the known was oppressive, but the purposefully ignored was just cowardly. She had to learn or else she would hate herself for it.

"Gods," she began, her voice wavering. She grit her teeth, hating the sound of that tremor. "Hear me....please" Steadily her words strengthened, though she was reduced to a whisper. She shook her head. The movement felt good, as if chasing away the numbness that had begun to seep up through her bones. It mussied her wind-tossed mane, sending it wildly across her neck, which matched rather well with the wildness in her features. They had grown stern, her gaze hardening alongside her heart. She cast it upon each shrine, letting the piercing blue wash over each monument in turn, unsure who might be able to answer her best.

"Truth," she chanted to herself, taking strength in the word, in her deed. "I wish to know of companions," it came out stronger, louder. "Of their purpose, of their origin. Everything."

Just like that, Ampere reached to take a bite of apple from the tree of knowledge.

Edit: sorry for the re-tag, forgot to mention I am using a VoTG pass off my prize list. Posting it in the records updates board right now.
@[Official]
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Should I Believe In The World Momma? - by Ampere - 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM