the Rift

[PRIVATE] They Took Her Honour, Then Her life.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 I can't remember why I've wasted all these tears</style>

I’d been watching them, the insane ones. The females that took head positions in this family, and my own tongue decreed it so. “You shouldn’t trust them.” Fina cautioned, her words lapsing into a slang—those eyes brilliantly wide and blue, staring at me from the trees. “What’s not to trust?” I countered, curious of her findings, “They prove themselves yet loyal to our cause.” As much as I’d like to defend those glassy eyed girls, Fina was right. They served as no kin of mine, or with anything more than a tolerance for my presence. Their eyes, masked and sticky sweet—I couldn’t see past the veil to sniff at treachery; though there was no mistake something about them, rubbed me the wrong way.

“Would they be more trusting if I’d wrap them in chains for the sack of my paranoia?” She shook her beak and purposely looked away, “Nay.” Her feathers spread; a shimmering glow of firelight sprang from each hollowed limb. “Not all approve of my appointment.” Voice came softer now, whispering more than openly talking, “Best they are made our allies, rather than each other’s enemies.”

“I don’t like them.” Fina barked, hissing with mouth gapped open. I smiled gently, “Ye don’t have to.” She blinked those great blue orbs and settled back, relaxing her grip on the bark.

It was then that the rustling of movement and soft pattering of feet caught my attention. The amber woman was talking to herself, humming and giggling over some inside joke. Distance separated us enough so that I couldn’t make out her words. Despite Fina’s sharp chirp, warning me to stay silent. I spoke up, half out of not wanting to appear as some lurker in the shadows, and mostly because I had been wanting to converse with the General of our armies, “Hail, Legatus! Long days and nights to ye.” My stance remained relax and friendly, lips slide into a gentle grin. Fina snarled from her branch and fell quiet

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
They Took Her Honour, Then Her life. - by Eris_ - 04-03-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: They Took Her Honour, Then Her life. - by Midas - 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM