the Rift

[OPEN] Home

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

He was... Home.

Finally.

"I've missed you," the black wanderer murmured, soulful honey orbs lingering upon the dampen earth beneath his hooves. The stallion paused in the midst of his steps, his neck stretching forward so that he may brush his cheek against the rough bark of the nearest tree. The rough caress, like that of a harried lover, brought Apollo more comfort than he thought could be possible, soothing his wounded heart like a minty balm. "All of you."

Things were unusual now in this land he had once so brazenly called Helovia. It was a strange, foreign, terrifying place, with new sanctions and lands, and Apollo didn't know which way to turn. He had failed his herd of the Foothills, his friends and loved ones, and in turn had lost them. His title of Chief, of brother, had been violently torn asunder from his shoulders and left the overo feeling naked and vulnerable. No one stood at his side now, except...

"Except for you." The heartbroken whisper escaped the Mericul's lips upon a weary exhale, his troubled depths of honey slipping shut in a pathetic attempt to ward off the growing emotions within his breast, and the tears that beat behind his eyelids. "You've always been here... Waiting for me to come home. I should have never left." Because here, in the Deep Forest, Apollo was protected. Loved. Cherished. He was at one with the trees around him, the dancing and twisting shadows that made up this forest, and they could enshroud and protect him from the terrible, hurtful world around them.

His little shadowed paradise.

Shadowed... A coat of fine ebony and piering, heart-stopping crimson eyes. A jingling laugh, a sultry, accented voice whispering his name as they danced beneath a canopy of shining stars...

"Ktulu..." His heart gave an agonizing throb at the faint whisper, his yearning for his dark lady growing with each heavy heartbeat. What had become of her? Would he ever find her again? He could only hope that she was safe, preferably with Lakota, and that they were both well. And happy.

The black and white overo's head drooped lower as he shuffled forward, hooves practically dragging through the waterlogged undergrowth. Winter had passed and Birdsong was among them, but the warm weather did little to thaw his chilled heart. Not even the sparse rays of sunlight that filtered through the canopy of trees and danced along his ebony hide could warm him, and briefly, Apollo wondered if he would ever be warm again.

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Home - by Apollo - 04-05-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Home - by Abishia - 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Home - by Apollo - 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Home - by Abishia - 04-09-2014, 08:33 PM