the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu, Closed]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

He wasn't one for words. At least... Not when it came to expressing his emotions. Especially when it came to expressing emotions that he knew so little about.

Once before he had felt love, but it had been a fickle, foolish thing spurred by beauty and desire. That was in the past, and his heart was healed from such painful memories. It was healed, and now it was dedicated to the sweet, dark mistress who stood before him now... But even though he knew his feelings, Apollo was terrified out of his mind. The words that had poured from her mouth were trembling and full of stutters, his fear of rejection palpable...

Oh, Gods, had he ruined everything? Had his relationship, so wonderful and blissful with Ktulu been ruined because he couldn't keep his stupid mouth shut? Because he couldn't put a snare on his wayward emotions? Surely she didn't even feel for him how he felt for her... Ktulu could have anyone that she wanted, with her smarts, her quick-wit, her beauty, strength, and cunning... Not someone like him. Clumsy, uncertain, goofy... And he was hardly anything spectacular to look at. The thought was disheartening, even more so when the Constrictor's startled, 'What?' reached his ears.

Stupid, stupid... So, so stupid. Good going, idiot, his mind whispered bitterly, ears tilting back in shame and his gentle eyes turning downcast, Now you've done it. You've ruined everything...

It was in the midst of his mental chagrin and self-insults at his own incompetence that Ktulu's next words, uttered softly and embarrassed-like, filtered through his reverie and to his ears... And that had Apollo's head snapping upwards in surprise. She did? 'Me, too.' Did that... Did that mean that she felt the same?

For the longest of moments Apollo stood, stock-still and frozen in place, his mouth partially open with his surprise and his eyes, so impossibly wide with wonder and adoration, locked only upon his dark mistress. It was then that he truly stared at her, realizing that this was probably just as difficult for her as it was for him. Love was a fickle thing, and one couldn't push it...

But knowing that he had a chance...!

"I..." Apollo's hooves shuffled nervously in the grass beneath where they stood. A goofy, boyish grin marred his features at last, and he exhaled a breath that he had been unaware of holding, feeling his peaceful soul settle once more within his dark breast. "I'm glad... I... I was afraid..." Not that Ktulu didn't feel the same, but that she would be disgusted and turn him away. That their close relationship had been tarnished and ruined, yet that, thankfully, wasn't the case. "I was afraid I'd lose you, if I told you, but... I... I'm glad that wasn't the case."

The Merciful chuckled warmly, eyes darting to the familiar bloody crimson of Ktulu's orbs, and he boldly stretched his muzzle out to brush against hers once again. If this was the promise of something new, something exciting and wonderful where he could be loved for who he was... Apollo was fine with how everything turned out, his failures and past transgressions. He was fine with fate.

"Let's go... To the Edge. Together."

@[Ktulu]

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu, Closed] - by Apollo - 04-05-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 04-27-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 06-01-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-04-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 06-06-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Ktulu - 06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Heavy in Your Arms [Ktulu] - by Apollo - 06-19-2014, 08:49 PM