the Rift

[PRIVATE] pull me down hard and drown me in love | Rostislav

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Ugh, home. I was finally home, back into the safety of the Hidden Falls. My heart was racing, mostly out of excitement but also fear, for I had not forgotten the attempt of a rescue in the forest by the Thistle Meadow. The big cat that walked next to me meowed loudly, she was asking for permission to hunt - for both of us. I gave her a slight nod before I continued further into the herdland that I called home and then finally lied down on the meadow in the middle of it all. My sides were heaving as I laid down my head on the ground - huh, the snow was gone - and closed my eyes. Sleeeeeep. The exploring had gone a little off, but I was home. And before I fell asleep - my thoughts went to my kids. I opened them wide and lifted my head, gazing over the meadow. Were they still here? Safe?
Would they always be safe? One thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want my kids to end up like the Basiners in the Regime's grip. They were mine, my kids. Their powers were too powerful to end up in someone else's hooves.

Time passed and I had fallen asleep when something pressed softly against my cheek. Slowly opening my eyes, I looked around and saw a dark figure next to me, looking at me through electric blue eyes. I smiled and closed my eyes again. Did you find any food, my Desired? Yes. Meat. Plants. Without a word I opened my eyes again and moved my black body into a more comfortable position. My gaze fell on the jaguar and then on the food in between us. It was a rabbit and some plants. How long have you been gone? I glanced at the sky, which was colored midnight blue and speckled with white stars, coupled with a great white Moon in the middle of it all. It had been early sunset when we arrived home. Few hours. I looked at the jaguar again. And what are those plants? Edible. Chewed one, no strangeness. Without hesitation, I stretched my neck and grasped one of the plants. It was a root, thicker than a carrot in shape, and it had some dirt on it as if it had been dug up from the ground. It had a very bitter taste, but only a few minutes after I had swallowed it, I felt the ache in my frozen bones disappear. I looked at Dezba with confusion in my eyes and tilted my head slightly as I continued to chew the roots. What is this? Healing roots. Removes ache and fever. Oh. She tried to heal me. I smiled and bumped my muzzle against the cat's forehead, licking the scars slightly. Thank you, my Desired. She started to eat her rabbit, which was really big actually and covered in dark red blood and dirt. It had been running for it's life, but it's life had come to an end because of a jaguar.

Dezba, how do you think I treat you? I glanced at the feline, who glanced up at me while chewing on a hindleg from the dead animal. Like your own. So.. Good? Yes, Mother. Good. I gave up a relieved sigh and continued to eat the roots. Mother. Try talking to offspring more. Not seen them in a while. The root got stuck in my throat and I started coughing, spitting out the plant. "What?" You good to me. Not to offspring. "Wha..." I looked at my companion with sad eyes. "Am I neglecting Destry and Azarel?" I whispered, then I felt how my heart started aching. And no roots could help that.

I was neglecting them. I hadn't seen Destry since the caves, nor Azarel since I left the Falls to explore. Oh god, I have neglected my kids. A lump started forming in my throat and I tried to take a deep breath, but the lump almost stopped me from doing so. What am I going to do? I.. I never thought it was going to be so hard to continue seeing your kids when.. I looked down on the ground and the tears started emerge from my tear ducts. I never thought life was going to be so difficult without Azzaron. My family is broken. The jaguar lifted her front paw and held it on my neck as I started to cry. Weep, Mother. I cried for what felt like hours, and then we both fell asleep there on the meadow, right underneath the sky of a thousand lights. Dezba lied curled up against me, sleeping without a sound, and I moved slightly in my sleep.

When the morning came, I woke up and realized I was alone. Yawning, I looked around and noticed that the plants were still there, but the rabbit was gone. Dezba? Don't worry. Hunting. I immediately calmed down and slowly got up, feeling the numbness in my legs disappear. All of the pain was gone, I didn't feel warm anymore and all the ache was gone. Except for the heartache. I needed to find my kids. They weren't going to be neglected anymore. I stretched my legs and neck, whipping my tail to awake the rump muscle as well. Oh, I felt so much better now. I wasn't tired anymore, instead I had more energy than I have had for the last few months. The feathers in my mane ruffled against my ear as I shook my head, shaking off all the dirt of my black and white body. The wounds I sported were half-healed now, some even had a pinkish color instead of scabs. Where exactly are you? Northeast forest. Slowly, I turned my body towards northeast and started to walk, hoping it was the right way.

"Talking."
Delinne's thoughts.
Dezba's thoughts.

ooc: Okay so she's currently here. The purple spot is Delinne and the blue spot is Dezba :D It's early morning, perhaps 7am on a typical spring-morning.
word count: 975
tags: @[Rostislav]

You're never alone in the dark.

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
pull me down hard and drown me in love | Rostislav - by Delinne - 04-09-2014, 06:37 AM