the Rift

spring brings splendor; [Deodat Spar]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

It all comes down to a single moment,

Complacency had come with the crown, a tempting offer that she often admired from her inner windows and discarded. It had almost had her this time, the soft lull of its song allowing her to bask in the soft sunlight alongside the lake for long hours, gathering wind in her dark hair and disregarding all physically demanding duties for nearly a week now. Still, such laziness had a toll on a woman who had lived her life with steel bared, the need to run and hone her muscles pulling on her and driving her to the knoll she had seen many sessions unfold on in her years among the mountain kin.

Wanting to test out her newly placed corporals, in particular handsome and charming Deodat, she moved with motive; it had been too long since she’d stretch her legs in a true fight, a battle with another wielding a blade, and she was quite pleased with her innovation to challenge one of her peers to a friendly match today.

It would do them all well, to bond in such ways. She had avoided friendly trysts since the unfortunate turn of events during her spar with the Reaper, his filthy touch rending her heart with outrage and disgust towards his indecency. It was against her firm rules of conduct to use magic on herd members who could not return the blows with mysticism of their own, and even then, it was discussed with one’s partner before used, planned for, anticipated as a means to hone ones ability to utilize it. No “family,” however thinly gilded by the guise of a common herd place they may be, should be subject to what she had been, and for that she would hold a grudge against the dark stallion for the rest of time.

Or just until she managed to zap him with a few bolts of her own when he least expected it.

Cresting the hill, the young grasses soggy with melted frost beneath her hooves, she calls for her chosen opponent of the day. ”Hail, Deodat!” she chimes, feminine voice cheery and welcoming, ”I’d have a dance, good sir!”

She'd even be benevolent and allow him the first strike, preparing herself for the arrival of the Corporal.

[0/3, 379 words.

Setting: Aurora Basin, just south of the lake on a small hill. The ground is soggy from melting snow, some of which remains in patches.

Hybridized System, 3 posts + closing defense. Normal time limits.

OCC: Weeeee I got it up! I chose Deo first, I hope you don't mind!]

@[Déodat]

I L L Y N X               

the strong will fight and the weak will run.

image by bunnie.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
spring brings splendor; [Deodat Spar] - by Illynx - 04-07-2014, 03:04 PM