[OPEN] Detour

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

I am not conscious of it but he does as I asked, promising to watch and taking a stance above me while doing his best to look intimidating. Really, I do not know how lucky I am to have come across him. In what other world has a stranger ever been so kind to me? In my current state I do not know what it is I have truly asked but he does. He knows it could well be a death watch he has agreed to, a death watch for someone he has never even properly met, and yet he does it anyway. If I could have eased his worry, told him I am not really so bad off, I would have.

The sun shines brightly adding a pretty golden glow to the surroundings and helping, along with the heat seeping from the sand, to ward off the lingering chill. I take no notice of the sun or the good it is doing me though for I sleep unwisely and I dream too deeply. Asleep in the height of the day and dreaming with the sun warming my hide. Had I been more myself when the blackness reached out to pull me under I would have fought it for I hate to dream. My dreams are always of things I wish I did not remember but would not forget even if I could. Gazing disconnectedly into the depths of my memories I see the sands of the silver beaches and a younger version of myself coming face to face with the light of my heart for the first time. The hours spent with the golden stallion come flooding back all tumbled together, the happy hours and the miserable ones both…

In that world, the world I remember, I thunder down the expanse of silver sand racing happily along that well known and beloved shore with another set of hooves pounding behind me. He catches me as he always does, nips my flank but instead of breezing on past he keeps pace with his head by my side. We reach the cove that was our goal and splash in the calmer water together. Later we rest, sprawled side by side in the sand and I ask him why he did not win. His answer, “I will always be just over your shoulder when you are alone and when you are not, when you need me most or simply wish to see my face. Look behind you, I will be there.” We were young and naive in our idealism, he did not mean to lie… I know he did not.

In the real world I snort in my sleep and my skin twitches as if reacting to unexpected contact…

In that world, the world of my dreams born from memory, the scene skips. It is a day that starts out happily with my son at my side and my lover behind me. We travel to the bluffs above the shore, a fine climb not too steep but enough to work young Zetto’s muscles a little and perhaps help to build his flagging strength. Papa finds us there hours later with the news that his boarders have been breached and he needs Deagor’s help. Zetto and I remain on the bluffs and settled down for an afternoon nap. Later still I wake and Zetto does not…

In the real world my legs kick out sharply then move as if running though my hooves are not touching the ground…

He was not there behind me when I needed him most, when I was lost and did not know what to do. He never would be again, but I was not aware of this part yet. I ran, ran blind, looking for my sisters, or the other older mares in the herd, looking for anyone, anyone who could help me. Of course, no one could…

In the real world my legs stop moving abruptly and my breath shifts from the measured rise and fall of slumber to the short, strained gasps of panic but I do not rise to wakefulness

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Ruske] - Also very sorry for the extra long wait, I too was hoping others might join but I think everyone I invited is too busy.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Detour - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM