the Rift

[OPEN] Detour

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

”Deagor?” She spoke a name unknown to me, but wakefulness came over the mare by degrees. Uneasy, I sidled back. ”I don’t…” But caught in the throes of some dream or hallucination, she continued on, distress evident in the brilliant blue of her eyes. I stepped back again as she shuddered upward, her expression rent by tears

It must have been a very bad dream.

Unwilling to turn tail and run like a frightened child from the weeping mare, I merely stiffened as she drew nearer, my own hide flinching away from her touch. We had been entirely too intimate already; I felt patience rapidly reach its end, snap like an overstressed tendon, and recoil hard against my thoughts. …our baby is dead… Phoenix help me, consoling mares with real dead foals proved difficult enough – was I so wretched as to deserve fake ones, as well?

”Fortunate, I think, we do not have a child,” I answered dryly. Craning my neck, I peered down at her, cocking the warmer colors of my darker eye at the mare’s pale face. She no longer felt terribly cold, I noted distantly. Instead, she had evidently suffered some psychotic break, and forgotten the circumstances, the manner of our meeting.

”My name is Ruske,” I added, gently as I could manage. ”You are in Helovia, on the beach… do you remember?” I prayed she might stop her tears, at least, for whatever absent baby she imagined or remembered. ”May I know your name?”

@[Mermaid]

Messages In This Thread
Detour - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM