[OPEN] Detour

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Slowly, slowly, the sleep and dream fog wears off and amidst my sniffles the voice speaks to me again. It is certainly familiar but not well known and not in the least beloved. At this realization I go stiff and then begin backing up. Clearly I have made a mistake of embarrassing proportion; here I am blubbering all over someone I am not even sure that I really know. Very undignified behavior, especially for one of my age. Still sniffling and still confused I peer up through tears, thick forelock and sunlight to meet his long suffering gaze.

“I suppose so...”

Good fortune indeed, since it appears that he is a complete stranger. Turning away I lock the ocean in my view and move slowly in that direction. At the shoreline I study the waves, this is an ocean sure enough, but it is not my ocean. This is not where I belong. Deagor is not here or anywhere near by, but I do not try to recall more than this where he is concerned for I have a strong sense that I will not like it when that memory does surface again. Glancing to each side of me I find that I am alone save for the patient stallion standing behind. That also seems wrong. There should be someone, something else. Not Zetto no, I could never forget the truth of that... but someone.

The voice that I can now connect to the man named Ruske informs me that we are in Helovia. Helovia… Helovia…

“Mermaid.”

Absently I give my name as I continue to ponder the information he has provided.

Helovia… Helovia…

Welcome to Helovia. I am Lena, of the Aurora Basin. Unfortunately, you have arrived at an inopportune time. Helovia faces a threat amongst the shadows and the darkness. You are not safe here.

“Yes, I remember. Lena took me to the caves to hide from the shadows. You...”

I turn to look at him again with a careful, studying gaze.

“You were not there in the caves, were you?”

Not that I met every soul in that dark, dank place but I am quite convinced that I smelled them all at one time or another. How did I come to end up following Lena? I find that I know very little about her and so can only assume that I did not know her long. Where was I before, and with whom? Keeper take it all! I hate not knowing things that I should! Wait… Keeper… yes, Keeper… The Keeper, Goddess of Avenion. Avenion, Alejandro… that is what I am missing. My Axian! Of course I am missing him if I am no longer in Avenion. I look up to the sky.

“I fell… I fell from a star...”

A fall that landed me here in this place called Helovia where Alejandro can not exist. I was pushed through a hole in the fabric of time and space because I angered a Goddess.

“Oh no, no, NO!”

Agitated now I stamp a front hoof down on the water beofore me with feeling. A spray of salt water splashes up on all sides of that hoof and I let out an irritable huff of breath.

“I do not want to start over again!”

This is terribly childish and really whatever may have happened, there is no excuse for it coming from me. With a sigh and one more kick at the water for good measure I turn yet again to the horned male.

“I owe you an apology for my behavior at the very least and much more than that I suspect. You saved me, didn’t you Ruske?”

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Ruske]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Detour - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Detour - by Mermaid - 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Detour - by Ruske - 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM