the Rift

[OPEN] And I would meet you at the garden gate

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
The pair of mares could not be more opposite, in my humble opinion, and yet they seem so calm and at ease with each other. There is, however, this air of... social protocol that seems to be softly veiling these interactions. And perhaps I can only see it (feel it?) because I am on the outside looking in, taking no part in whatever the social etiquette is for such a situation, whatever situation I'm in. The gaze of soft blue eyes turned hard is not lost on me, as she might have expected, but I am stone-faced in response. My skin is thicker than that, and such a penetrating gaze fails to do just that. Florabella speaks, and both I and Cealestis are distracted. More social etiquette - a thank you, and a 'but of course' are exchanged. I suppose the pleasantries make sense - I use them myself quite a bit - but at the same time it seems so dull and boring. Damaris is having the time of her life with Skylos, and I'm loathe to interrupt them. Perhaps a few minutes more?

Though the blue-eyed seems more than annoyed at my question, what surprises me is the pitiful answer of the spotted one. Really? You're trying to tend plants and you don't even know if there is supposed to be a garden? I can't help but think that this is a shortcoming if there ever was one. My lips begin to part as they form a retort, but I bite back the words. I don't feel inclined to engage in this exchange. In fact, as the seconds tick by, I realize that I don't feel inclined to engage in this.. moment. So much for a 'few minutes more'. Impatience begins to rise inside me, and I can feel that the play between the two canines has changed tones. I bow my head politely to the two mares, finally acquiescing to play along with the formalities apparently expected of me. Ladies, I will leave you to your gardening. May your toes and muzzles be evergreen.

Turning to leave, I murmur Damaris's name, calling her attention to me. She sends a parting nip at Skylos, then bounds after me, still on a high from having someone to play with. She seems to consciously choose to ignore my less positive emotions, and though at first I want to berate her for not sympathizing with me, I stop short. Let her have fun.. selfish as I am, I don't want to bring her down with me. She means too much to me for that.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
And I would meet you at the garden gate - by Florabella - 04-08-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: And I would meet you at the garden gate - by Florabella - 04-18-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: And I would meet you at the garden gate - by Florabella - 04-23-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: And I would meet you at the garden gate - by Florabella - 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: And I would meet you at the garden gate - by Rostislav - 07-13-2014, 12:49 AM