the Rift

[OPEN] An ocean between my heart and yours

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

SERENITY</style>
You can't take the sky from me</style>

You can't take the sky from me. I stretched my wings until the warm, Birdsong breeze lifted over my feathers and the smell of the sea filled my nostrils. The horizon at this hour of the morning was just beginning to fade into pink, little slivers of light blue peeking through the blackness of the sky. I heard the ocean crash in the distance, and I landed in the sand on its shores, inhaling the warm air. When I think about being here, in this beautiful place, I cannot help but desire my family be here with me.

Eventually, I know I will have to let them go. My heart is living in two places still, and until I can manage to accept their fate, I will never be whole. Quietly, I shuffle my hooves in the sand, bringing my wings to my sides. My exhale is inaudible with the roar of the waves and the sound of silence as the morning sky peeks in. I look up, watching the orange fade, standing on the beach in awe of nature.

The watercolor sky reflects on the sea, and the overwhelming beauty hits me square in the chest. How many more mornings will I see before I can leave my past behind? Can I ever truly never feel the guilt anymore? I want to ask for help, but from whom? The blue mare who had warned me into going into caves was very nice, kind - maybe I can try to find her again? Would she know how to put these feelings to rest?

Also, the black stallion is a curiosity nagging in my mind. I don't know quite what to make of his presence. Part of me wants to fly to wherever he is, discover his world and why he speaks the way he does, but my heart warns against this. He is dark and dangerous, and I would only be a moth flying to a flame.

CREDITS by Boom Boom

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
An ocean between my heart and yours - by Serenity - 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM