the Rift

[OPEN] An ocean between my heart and yours

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Dalibor cocked his head to the side slightly when this woman said she had no home. Did she mean that figuratively, as in her heart was forever nomadic, like his, or literally, as in she had no herd for herself? She was familiar yet unfamiliar to him, so he considered both possibilities. When he mentioned the Dragon’s Throat herd, he watched her ears snap forward and read the excitement quivering in the lines of her form.

Interesting. “Southeast,” the scarred male replied. “To the Dragon’s Throat.“ He nodded when she asked if he meant the winged ones. “The Throat herd is for any who wish to be a part of it…but predominantly our kind, as far as I saw,” Dalibor answered honestly. It shocked him that she was so…openly excited, and not spitting hate at him or running away like the others did. Had he actually managed a social interaction without offending someone instantly? This was…rare. Did…she want to come with him?

The thought actually excited him a little, and Dalibor’s ears perked forward towards her as he introduced himself, trying to keep this stroke of fortune tolling in his favor. “Serenity…that is…a lovely name,” he complimented, awkwardly, but sincerely. It had been years since something of that sort had issued forth past his torn up lips, but he did truly find pleasure in her name. It invited him to be calm, as did her beautiful markings, and her somehow calming demeanor. Shock registered on the male’s face when Serenity bluntly asked if he would take her back to the Dragon’s Throat, and he was dumbstruck for a moment.

Holy shit. He’d succeeded in recruiting someone. “I…yes, if you want…” he fumbled to reply, realizing he felt an odd sort of…kinship with this woman. He felt almost protective of her. Maybe that was because Serenity openly displayed the displacement and lack of home and family that he felt inside. Maybe he wanted to make sure someone didn’t feel that way if he could help it. Not someone this young; who seemed young, at least. He did not know her age and knew from past experience it was impolite to ask. Instead, he voiced a question sitting on the forefront of his mind. “Where did you come from? Before Helovia, I mean,” Dalibor clarified.

He just couldn’t shake the feeling he’d seen her before, met her before, somehow.

@[Serenity]
"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Messages In This Thread
An ocean between my heart and yours - by Serenity - 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: An ocean between my heart and yours - by Dalibor - 04-19-2014, 10:59 PM