the Rift

[OPEN] An ocean between my heart and yours

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

"I look forward to going there - being with our kind again," she had said. Again implied she remembered a home, a good home, with them. Perhaps she was not quite as young as Dalibor had first assumed; it seemed more likely she was slightly older, as his secondary instincts had suggested he determine. Her smile was bright and radiant and pure, and the weathered warrior felt...cleansed. This was a good soul, one that deserved protecting.

One he would protect.

He felt she deserved a compliment, and felt just as awkward after she thanked him as she looked standing there. The conversation quickly shifted back to returning to the Dragon's Throat with her and Serenity seemed eager to leave. "All I can offer is an accepting herd," the older male said honestly. "They accepted me into their ranks; they have to accept you then."

They would have to. Dalibor knew he was as prickly as they came, and if someone like Africa could see inside of him something worth bringing home, then a beautiful and possibly fragile soul like Serenity was more than worth admittance into the herd. He had to believe that; the way he viewed the world would not let him think otherwise. Beginning to walk, he queried about her home and and stiffened like petrified wood when Anrior exited her mouth.

"I...you must have been so young. That place...I am glad you made it out," Dalibor said quietly, wondering if her family was still there, still alive. Could they be found? Freed? Not without an army, and that was something he certainly did not have. A dark, years' old fire kindled the embers within his chest once more, thinking of the unicorns that ruled that land. Did she hold the same hate within her starry breast, the same implacable loathing of those horned bastards that would set themselves above others simply because of their deformed heads?

Glancing at her, his eyes dark with anger and pain, he doubted it. She was damaged, he could see that much, but she was too beautiful to hate as he did. It was a poison in his bones, it was the space between his heartbeats, the parts of his lungs he could not fill with air, the ache in his limbs. Serenity, she was stars and flight, youth and resilience. She was what he could only ever hope to be in some pathetic plagiarized fraction in his best moments.

Slowly flaring his wings from his compact and muscular frame, looking to the celestial female to his left, Dalibor nodded to the sky. "Now we leave."

@[Serenity]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Messages In This Thread
An ocean between my heart and yours - by Serenity - 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: An ocean between my heart and yours - by Dalibor - 05-10-2014, 10:42 PM