the Rift

[OPEN] An ocean between my heart and yours

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

I listened to him, nodding. I trusted him when he said that the herd would have to accept me, maybe because he was a pegasus too. If the demon-horned one had told me these words, I would have been much more skeptical. Also, I sensed a tragic level of self-deprecation in his words, a hint of low self-esteem. Why would he suffer from doubt? From the scars around his legs and face, I assumed that he had seen war. Such a skilled battle-stallion should not think so little of himself.

When he started to walk, I followed, my hooves depressing the sand beneath me. For the first time in a long time, my prints were not alone. I trusted him, so when he asked about my home, I spoke. What I did not expect was his reaction. He tensed, stiffened, like I was cold, and I looked up at him in shock. Did he know what I was talking about? Did he know the wicked place I had narrowly escaped from?

My hawkish, yellow eyes (similar to his), watched him carefully, hearing his words. My heart skipped a beat. I nodded slowly, swallowing as my mouth suddenly went dry. He had been there. "I was," I said quietly. "So were you?" My question was more of a statement as I looked at him intently. Did he know of anyone still there? Had he left before or after I did? Mostly likely before, if he already had a herd here. "I was lucky. Lucky to have a family who risked their lives to let me escape.". My heart felt a stab of pain.

I could see the anger and the pain in his own eyes, recognizing those emotions from my own heart. Then, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling all of those wicked feelings and bad thoughts. "My parents saved my life. I owe it to them to make myself something - a force for good." I turned to look at this broken stallion, and I was broken myself.

I widened my stance and opened my wings when he did, stepping away to allow their wide span room. He nodded to the sky. With all my might, I gathered my hindquarters like a spring and released them into the air. Wind washed over and under the starry feathers, lifting me at my shoulders with a jerk. A cool breeze brushed at my face, and I inhaled deeply, gaining height before following Dalibor, my kindred spirit.

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
An ocean between my heart and yours - by Serenity - 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: An ocean between my heart and yours - by Serenity - 05-13-2014, 09:29 PM