the Rift

Dragon Child

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
A delicate twitch of an ear wreathed in the gold that matched her gaze which held a merry twinkle was all the hint given by the silvered child that she noticed the more.... composed result in her painted friend when she stepped away. She'd had many a long night to think back to their first meeting this last season, to recognize the fear and discomfort that had lingered then. But not now. There is an honesty in his voice when he speaks, a trueness to his smile that garnered a pleased little purring hum from the yearling dragon child. She didn't know what had altered him in the intervening months, but was grateful nonetheless that the joy he'd first expressed today at discovering her held firm even after she'd smothered him with a hug.

Though she wants nothing more to follow Dragomir where-ever he may lead, exchanging stories of dragons and friends and family, there is still another she must attend to. Politeness demands she pay attention when Rostislav answers her question. But she quickly, privately, wishes she hadn't. His mention of another like but unlike her dampens her resolve, the alert posture she'd taken from intense curiosity drooping with visible disappointment. Leathern wings but no scales could not be Amaris, her sister.

But she couldn't linger on ill-chosen language long, with her exciting story to share with Dragomir. Though her companion had a few choice words to share before the novelty of her story wrenched him into awed silence. There is a whisper of precaution that has the young filly shifting between the stallions even in the midst of her story, sensing their tension and taking small steps to discourage it from escalating.

When the eager questions she'd almost expected failed to find voice on Dragomir's tongue, and the brief silence was broken by Rostislav's interruption, she allowed her attention to be diverted back to the unicorn stallion. And that was when she remembered what the threshold was commonly used for. Recruiting. Which proved to be another point of tension between the stallions.

Time to deploy a little of the tact she'd learned from listening to Mother, to Father and to Smoke. Whether she'd be very successful in her first pass at diplomacy was iffy at best. "I have a responsibility to my family and the friends of my family and those I know still linger outside of Helovia. I have to meet that responsibility before I can be so selfish as to decide which herd I shall stay in." She paused to lick her lips, glancing toward Dragomir. "Since I know you've returned to the Edge, I would be willing to bet many others I know have returned there." Returned home. Her thoughts betrayed her true feelings on the matter. "Since I know my sister is not at these... Hidden Falls which I've never heard of before, I am not sure if any of my other family is. If you know a black mare with a silver crescent on her rump, or a red filly with a golden crescent on her face and a kitsune at her side, I would be interested in following you there. Otherwise... perhaps I shall visit when my responsibilities have been seen through." There was a brief question in her gaze as she waited to hear if Rostislav knew these other members of her family that she knew not the last known locations of, but she had already shifted to stand closer to Dragomir. Her tasseled tail had curved, quite without her awareness, to loosely drape against the painted stallion's shoulder. A gesture that could have been interpreted as a quieting one, but in truth was an unconscious draconic gesture of possession. He was her friend, her connection to those she knew and the home she'd be born into.

Messages In This Thread
Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-09-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-09-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-12-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Rostislav - 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Dragomir - 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Dragon Child - by Semira - 04-14-2014, 05:18 PM