the Rift

[PRIVATE] Violet Sunrise [Lakota]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Silence is all that meets her soft, encouraging sounds. It doesn't matter to her that he is unresponsive, suspects that he is consumed with his own thoughts. Instead she gives him what she can, the comfort of nonsensical sounds and the warmth of her body to hide against, open and welcoming to him. His soul was too bright for this tainted world, and so she shielded him with her own darkened fates, wrapping his innocence in her ruined remains to keep him safe from that which had already destroyed her. Waited out the storm inside him, for him to find the calm after the destruction had passed, the real peace that the eye of the storm could never hope to compare to. It came in time, a revelation that interrupted the sobs that shook his frame and stained her crest in the warmth of his tears. Dark harks lifted to listen patiently for the words that came in moments, to give him the respect of caring for words that he'd been too alone to share with anybody else.

A soft, chiming laugh escaped her lips. Turning she pressed herself closer to Apollo's painted coat, amused and endeared in equal parts by his words. "It is not your title of Chief that I swore fealty to, Apollo. I meant the words themselves; I swore to you, as a singular being, as a stallion. You say you are just Apollo...but that is whom I follow." Again she laughs, tucking her face into his hide in a shy attempt at concealing the sound. Is he truly so unaware of her thoughts towards him? Of the loyalty that she holds for him, the willingness to do anything and everything for him, or in his name? "You are blind to your own worth, Polly. I am not. I would follow you in any endeavor, I would lay my life at your hooves, is that truly so strange? You are worth that to me." So few had ever shown to be worthy of such dedication, but Lakota did not see why it would ever be a shocking notion. Just as Apollo had said how he was just Apollo, she was just Lakota. She may give her life for him, but was her life truly so important as to touch him in any way that she would offer it up to him?

There's no reason to respond to what he says, she merely smiles in response against his hide to let him know that she has heard. She has always heard, even when he does not speak. He is known to her, he is family and friend in one, an open book telling her stories he is unaware he's writing. In silence she reads him, letting him work through the internal struggles and mazes of his mind. One he introduces to her as he speaks once more, reminding her of the caverns and the scar upon her back. Falling quiet as he moves away she watches him, considering her words.

"I have been...okay. Adjusting to all these changes, to having no allegiance to the Foothills any longer." It is an answer to both questions, in part. Clay beads click softly as she shakes her mane out, unbothered by the clinging of tears to the opposite side of her crest. She smiles at him, almost shyly, confidence wavering now that she is faced with the honest, soulful gaze of his amber eyes. "Ktulu and I found each other once more after the wraiths dispersed. Together with Archibald, we decided to join the World's Edge." Aodaun slips to lay upon his belly in the grass between her legs, at peace in the presence of the stallion. Despite the smile curling her lips she wonders how Apollo will receive the information, if he will approve of the home the three had chosen.

Chunga-Stock

Messages In This Thread
Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Apollo - 04-10-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Lakota - 04-11-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Apollo - 06-01-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Lakota - 06-05-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Apollo - 06-06-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Violet Sunrise [Lakota] - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 06:17 PM