the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
His voice is brilliantly gold, and I bask for a moment with the slightest of smiles on my maw. Again I find myself wondering about this stallion - who he is and how he has come to attain such a pure colour - and again I allow violet orbs to roll appreciatively over the broad expanse of his muscular chest, across the feathery softness of his wings. "My name is Reizend," I say, my vocals gentle and demure. I almost add, half-sister to Seele, but I remember myself at the last moment. No one here knows of the tie that I have to our dear Czarina, and for the time being, I must keep it that way. If I am to reveal myself to her, it must indeed be to Seele, not to her co-leader. And I must endear myself to her first - a feat which, sadly, I have done little to accomplish.

I wonder when I became so complacent.

Ah, but it is so easy here, standing with a handsome stallion and enjoying the beauty of Birdsong. Or, rather, it has been easy - but at this moment, a rosy hue flits into existence at the edge of my vision, and it is only the easy recognition of the colour that saves me from flinching. Ah, Verletzt, Mother dearest, why must you choose this moment to join me? It has been so very long since I have seen any of you. I am not in danger, I am not angry, I am not afraid - so why have you come to stand to my left, a still, calm shape exuding a certain warmth that I do not understand? You have always been my guide, but I am not in need of your assistance this day - am I?

Only the smallest of moments has passed since my introduction, and I force myself to ignore Verlatzt to add, "I am a healer. I followed Seele to this land." The last is a bit more explanation than necessary, and I hope that I do not scare him off with the implications of my words. To follow Seele is to be a member of the Asylum - and to be a member of the Asylum is to be mad. And although I may be abnormal, I do not find myself to be deranged or insane, not like the others. No, I am their healer, their psychologist, and I cannot afford to be as careless as my peers.

"Did you know that your voice is gold?" I blurt suddenly.

Verlatzt stomps her hoof reproachfully.

So much for sanity.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Reizend - 05-26-2014, 10:10 PM