the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
Where I come from, worship of the gods was never as important as pleasing Schwere, and I never managed to do that quite as well as Seele. I was always just a little too kind, a little too lacking in bloodlust - and in the end, that was the difference between my sister and I. He chose her over me, and I can't say that I ever envied her his favour. Still, past gods or no, I have learned that it is always better to respect those with more power than myself. You may call it self-interest or self-preservation or whatever you will. I don't particularly care, but I certainly have it in abundance. My powers come from the light, so I suppose one could say that I worship the Sun. In reality, I worship whoever has the ability to kill me with a look.

But, that is neither here nor there.

The sun amulet is the closest thing I have to any deity, and it was my mother that led me to it, so I tend to associate it more closely with her. When I remember my mother, I remember kindness. She had her problems, of course (don't we all?), but she always made it very clear that she loved me, that she would care for me, that she would try to protect me. I learned from her how to feel, how to care, how to heal - not in terms of magic, but in terms of the mind. She supported me when there was no one else, and she took me from my father when he was at his worst. I have never been alone with her memory in my heart.

"No, she isn't," I respond softly, lowering my gaze to disguise the emotion running through me. Despite my mother's best efforts, I have not been able to become fully comfortable with showing my sadness. Tears, I have always felt, are weakness, and I prefer not to flaunt mine, abundant though it may be. I shed no tears today, but it is clear that I miss my mother and her wisdom all the same. "I wish she was, but we must all face our time eventually. She is still with me, after all," I add with a small, sad smile, gently tapping the sun amulet with my chin.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Midas]
[OOC | Sorry for the wait!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Reizend - 07-01-2014, 09:49 PM