the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I expected the response I got when Reizend answered that her Ma was no longer living. Yar, the loss of a parent was heartfelt – and it was her grief that I easily understood. How often had this body longed to visit once again with my own kin and mentors? To feel their flesh against my cool hide in the long nights. “My dame and sire are also gone. They passed during a battle when I was very young.” Muzzle shook back and forth, “Though that was a while ago.” I wouldn’t soil pain with tales of my own experience. “I’ve been told that no energy ever truly fades." Words spoken out of comfort.

Who knew if the spirits of lives long past remained in connection with those they left behind. It was a nice thought to play with, or perhaps lull yourself to sleep with on grieving nights –did I believe such truth? Nay. This world had far too much pain in it to be considered a final resting place for the tormented souls who had striven to make their days better. I’d rather like to think that they moved to a nicer location, one without war and magic. A valley of peace.

Naivety.

Cautiously I reached out in an attempt toward momentary comfort, moving muzzle toward her face and lowering till I was within reach of the velvet soft hairs. “Was ye born in Helovia?” I whispered, changing the topic to something of mayhaps lighter nature in an attempt to bring our conversation back into the realm of limited seriousness.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 12:00 PM