the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
I wonder what he has felt and why it has not come to taint him. Life is difficult - to believe anything else is to believe in a lie - and it mutilates honor and destroys courage. It saps away your faith and your strength and your innocence. I do not believe that the stallion before me is purely perfect or perfectly pure, but he is something beyond the normal individual.

I easily turn away his advances, his questions, for though I doubt he meant to pry, I am uncomfortable divulging so much of myself to him. No, that isn't it - I am uncomfortable with the sudden desire to let him in, to show him past the wall that I have built, the story that I hide behind. I am afraid of the allure of his vocals, ashamed by the ease with which I consider confiding in him when I have yet to tell my own sister that we are blood, have yet to admit to my wrongs and place myself before the jury to be punished. Every instinct I have tells me that he will not judge me, will not hold my past against me - but every intelligent thought in my mind disagrees. Who accepts murder, even the accidental sort? Who would ever tell me that it was okay, that I didn't mean to, that they understand?

He surprises me, the stallion of gold, with his offer to pray for me. My experience with the gods is limited - I am a believer, as everyone in this land must be, with their gods so present and reachable; but I haven't had any quality time with any of them, have only heard stories and seen the effects of their touch. I haven't even seen any of them myself. Still, the offer is touching, and I smile warmly. "I would appreciate that, Midas, truly. Thank you."

"Talk talk talk."

Tag :: @[Midas] - Merp, we can finish this at any time, I know I'm taking forever!
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Reizend - 08-22-2014, 07:08 PM