the Rift

[OPEN] Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I too was enjoying the day, a blissful peace and quiet that seemed as fragile as it usually was. My companion slept with one talon slightly raised from rump and head tucked neatly in the fold of her left wing. We walked the many trails of Hidden Falls, weaving in and out of evergreen timbers that had grown thicker in the past weeks. Sweet smelling annuals, their stalks leaned over from the weight of flower and seed; Birdsong was a time for rebirth, love and children.

Though my care had been betrayed time and time again, I still loved the call of old lovers crying in the trees for their new mates—a flashy show of color and then they were gone to create a family that would last only a few seasons. Foxes, with their vibrant red pelts would dash out. One strong dog chasing his vixen through the undergrowth—a doe would leap, trailed by a string of bucks that had yet to come back into velvet. Our home was alive with the musk of wildlife, a scent that stirred the purpose of even a stout warrior.

It was from one of these trails that I emerged to witness a woman of striking grace, shadowed by the canopy of a grand timber that was just starting to get in its first flowers and color. Memory served well to remind me that this lady had been part of our last meeting. Perhaps if this had been anyone else I might have moved from the light back into shadows, ignored the lass for the sake of maintaining peace—yet I lingered. It wasn’t just the feel of birdsong that gave my steps and eyes pause, her beauty was striking in the most simplistic of ways. Down from the purest white of pelt to her silken multihued locks, even the star pendant that hung across her breast seemed to scream elegance and higher breeding. Fina scoffed in her sleep.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: We're All Insane [Midas] - by Midas - 04-14-2014, 04:41 PM