the Rift

[OPEN] Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

They bickered, bantered and failed. The Basin unicorns and one new born griffin had slipped away into the night and begun the long journey home. Anger caused a black cloud to hang over the ivory unicorn, her mood smouldering under her furious glare. Weakened, defeated and utterly furious at her loss in the challenge, the doe felt as if she had failed her daughters completely. Not even the fact that they were heading home helped settle her mood, in fact the long journey only infuriated her more. From the battle Arah was bruised, beaten and bloody and as a result constant breaks were required, only the pause in their escaped caused the young mother great worry. Every time they stopped, their captors would have the chance to catch up. Arah pushed herself to continue through the blinding pain, through the quickly forming bond, Wynter's worry could be felt. The young griffin was growing quickly, feathers sprouting on her almost pure white body, she was still not able to fly though. Most of the time Wynter traveled on her bonded's back, doubt increasing with every step that Arah took. For Wynter did not believe that the doe would be able to make it home, Arah knew that she did not have a choice. It was either make it home or die trying.

Thistle Medow rose up around them, Arah looked over her two daughters, struggling to even raise her voice loud enough to be heard. "Thistle Meadow." Silence took ahold of the doe again, her golden eyes looked over the land. The Basin was such a long way away, if she did not make it... "There might come a point where I will not be able to continue." As if on cue, another trickle of blood ran down Arah's cheek. Pausing, the doe looked down upon her two daughter, pride burning through her golden eyes. "If this happens I shall give you my memories, you'll know everything about me and the way home." Tears pooled up in her eyes. "You will not argue, you will take Wynter and run." Arwen would obey, Ash would keep her sister safe. A cough from Arwen reminded her to put one hoof in front of the other. Turning back to the direction of home, Arah pushed herself into movement. Her daughters needed her now, what kind of mother would she be if she failed them again? Arah would keep on fighting until her heart could not pump anymore.

Day and night they traveled, slipping through the meadow and quickly moving past The Threshold. Arah had hoped to bump into another Basin member to entrust her daughters too. But none appeared through the trees, so Arah pushed her daughters forward as Wynter sent encouraging feelings towards her new bonded. Both Wynter and Arah were half starved by the time the new falls came into view, Arah did not let her panic show. It was important that Arwen and Asch remained confident in her. It was going to be okay...they would get through this. Surely the gods did not allow them to escape only to shatter them on the journey. This was all new to her, the Hills had once stood proudly here, yet now? Now it was a shatter of the previous terrain, beautiful lakes and rivers covered the land. The scent of horses also filled Arah's nostrils, for a moment she paused looking over the once hills, wondering if she should head onto the borders and request help...yet...no. No one could be trusted that was not her own family, the directions they gave might also be false. Another trap. So the doe continued on the path she though she knew, hoping that soon another landmark or smell would reach her and assist with her barings.

Wynter sensed Arah's excitement at recognising The Frozen Arch. The griffin raised her head and let loose a cry. For this was nearly home, at the northern reach, before the mountains that made The Basin, was this almost barren land of snow and stiff dirt. She would not be able to feed on the bitter grasses and shrubs, yet the hope of nearly being home fuelled her. "Watch the loose rocks and look out for collapsing boulders." The elements would not take her daughters. "Stay close, do not venture off. The minute you think you know this land it will kill you." The wind picked up in support of her words, Arah smiled as the very light, barely noticeable scent of home reached her nostrils. Wynter spread her wings in the wind, feeling the joy that would one day become flight. Arah guided them all through a network of glaciers, the first time she passed through them was when she had been nothing more than a young idiotic mare. Full of innocent and pathetic views on the world. Arah had been a fool.

Finally in the distance it was there, The Basin. Home, safety. It rose up in the horizon and Arah paused, tears spilling over her cheeks. Here her daughters would be safe. "Ahead my dears. Home." If she fell now, at least Wynter and the twins would make it home. Scampering up her neck, Wynter made it perfectly clear through her stubborn emotions that no such thing would happen. Together they would stay. 'Well I'm not dead yet.' That was all she needed. Legs shaking, blood tailing through her coat, Arah made her way through the rough terrain. The doe knew the path down into The Basin better than she knew her own name, yet still she stumbled, legs weak although her resolve did not weaken. Once she fell, Wynter encouraged her to stand again, Arah looked over her daughters and struggle to rise. She was home and safe, now was not the time to fail her girls. The minute her hooves touched the bottom land of The Basin, Arah felt the tears freeze on her cheeks. Did she have the strength to call for her leaders? "Deimos! Illynx!" Her voice was weak, Wnyter raised her head and added a screech to the doe's cries.

" "
@[Deimos] @[Asch] @[Illynx] (You don't have to post Bunnie, just thought I'd tag you in case ^-^)

It is open but please wait for these guys to post first. Thank you!

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain. - by Arah - 04-11-2014, 08:33 PM