the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burning train [Hidden Falls Warriors]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Damaris climbs up toward Midas and Fina, steadying herself and moving away from the soon-to-be flying hooves. No need to put the little pup in any danger. I smile at her and she wags her tail, her eyes shining with excitement. I can tell she wants me to win. Waves of encouragement from her come towards me and wash over me, penetrating every pore. I look toward my king, waiting for the signal to begin. He observes each of us: myself, a horned mare that I don't really know, a dappled stallion also unfamiliar to me, and finally Oxy. Oh Oxy... we're like.. frenemies. I want to be your friend but you clearly don't want to be mine. It's too bad - I'm sure we would have many fun tales to tell.

No time for what if's.. Midas has given the all clear and it's time to go. I wait not a second more and leap forward, taking off across the uneven terrain. My hooves pound the ground, my weigh sounding loudly across the rock. The forest line quickly falls behind me as I enter the barren landscape. I was not a particular fan of the caves, and I'm not sure I feel any better about them or the land around them now. Doesn't matter - I am on a mission and that is that. Behind me I hear hoofbeats as my fellow warriors follow in my wake. I have little doubt I will be passed - my legs are shorter and I am fatter than they are. But I am determined.

The first golden arch approaches, and my white eyes widen, admiring its soft glow in the dim, smoky light. I pass through, and my own hoofbeats echo in my ears. My ribcage and lungs expand, nostrils flared as I take in all the oxygen I can get to keep my blood flowing, heart beating strongly in my chest. I'm not in the best of shape for this. But determination! It has to count for something, right? I am sure-footed, and kept my drinking to a minimum beforehand. Sure it means I get a little bit of a headache, but I'm less dizzy and wobbly than normal. That's good at least. I think of Damaris as I run, and realize that as much as I want this for me, I want this for her, too. I want to make my bonded proud of me.

Bursts of heat come up from the ground, just as Midas had foretold. When it's just steam, it feels pleasantly hot on my belly, warming the hairs without burning. But not all of the bursts are just hot air. Lava comes from the ground, the magma spewing around and covering the rock. It requires agility to avoid these sudden spouts, and it doesn't take long before I get a burn on my fetlock. "Shitballs!" I curse and pin my ears. I take a moment to shake off the magma, then return to running. It's burned the hairs off and the skin is pink and shiny, but the burn is not as bad as it could have been. I have to be more careful and aware of my surroundings. I thought I was already, but apparently that wasn't the case.

More dodging, more running. I'm panting a little, and I'm sure the others are gaining, but I am still running. That's good. Another arch approaches. I smile and revel in the feeling of the wind I create sweeping my two-tone mane back over my body. I wonder if I would be faster without all the horns taking up surface area. Nothing I can do about it, though. I rather like my horns anyway. My leonine tail helps balance me out - once I remember to start using it for such a purpose - and helps me avoid more magma spills. I pass under the second arch. I can do this.. yes... yes I can do this!

Text text text.
"Words words words."
WC: 658

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Burning train [Hidden Falls Warriors] - by Midas - 04-11-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Burning train [Hidden Falls Warriors] - by Rostislav - 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM