[OPEN] Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid]

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra

MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

These woods are deep, dark and chilling. Thick gnarled tree branches twist together over head to block out the warmth of the sun. The light reaches the forest floor but it is distorted and eerie by the time it does. I can not help but shiver as I take it all in, partly at the chill and partly at the appearance of the place. If my ghosts could awaken in the comfort of the beach how much stronger might they be should I suffer the misfortune of having to sleep in this place? Really, I should turn back and leave the exploring of the even deeper wood beyond for a time when I have company to do it with. I don’t even know why I am here, I detest woodlands and forests. The cramped closeness is just too much for once raised on open stretches of sand and salt grass fields.

I should not go on, I should not… but I do. Voices carry back, weaving through the moss blanketed tree trucks to tickle my ears and lure me on. Eventually I find them and I must admit, as I peer around the trees to observe, I am slightly disappointed that they are simple flesh and blood beings rather than the woodland spirits I’d hoped I might find. Ah well, now I have the company I was lacking before. They number two, one male and one female.

The stallion is a lanky, skinny thing, possibly closer to my age than most of the others I have met. He wears a coat near as pale as my own but accented in a style I have never seen. There is a touch of silver moonlight in his uniquely arranged hair and streaks of gold that bleed from the twisted horn atop his head. That horn looks rather like a rearing snake and I wonder if I should take it as some kind of warning. Of course, I do no such thing. Instead I turn my gaze on the female.

She is thin in the way of older youths that have not quite reached their full blossom but are bound to wake up and be surprised by it some day very soon. She is, of course, not equine as I am. I have grown resigned to the fact that I will nearly always find unicorns and pegasi when I go gadding about on my own in this place. To date I have still met only one other equine, not that I care exactly… but I have noted the fact and it certainly leaves me feeling a little out of place and alien. Anyway, this girl is neither unicorn nor pegasus but a mix of the two. Her wings begin in the pitch black shade of her body but fade to white and end in blood red tips. Her horn is a long and dangerous looking weapon. I make no comment on this combination; the oddly elegant male has already commented enough for the both of us.

It is rude to just stand here and observe them in silence however, so I give a soft and friendly whicker to announce my presence.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Ghost] & @[Fraub]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-12-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-13-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Mermaid - 04-13-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-18-2014, 02:00 AM