[OPEN] Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid]

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Neither of the strangers offers me a vocal greeting but in my efforts to make myself known while avoiding disruption I had not given them reason to. However, they both make it clear that my presence has been noted. She does so with a polite dip of her crown, clearly a filly raised to show respect to her elders whether or not she truly feels it. I believe the welcome to be genuine though and so answer in kind with my own nod. The male’s acknowledgement is not so cordial. He gauges me with a measuring look that fades to a frown. I tilt my own head to the side in a questioning manner wondering what caused the odd reaction. He has dismissed me by this time though and I presume that I will learn something more when he is done gushing over the appearance of the blood-winged mare.

I stand here lost in thought, as the thin rays of filtered sun sneak through the thick canopy to dapple my pale coat. The words that pass between them strike me as odd ones for strangers to exchange and amount to them both indicating that the other is interesting to look at. For a moment I wonder if I might not have stumbled into a clandestine lovers tryst just before it got interesting. While the observations made by both are certainly true enough it is strange to take note of such things in this place where “normal” does not seem to exist. Even I, though boring in comparison to them, am alien and feeling more so with each day I spend here. I am not sure if it would be better at this point to make an attempt at working myself into the conversation or conduct a quiet retreat and allow things to develop however they might have without my intervention.

In the end I am spared the decision. A crunching and crashing in the brush announces the arrival of another. I witness her near collision with the male and then shift myself quickly out of the way as she stumbles in my direction. Apparently Abishia makes a habit of crashing her way onto otherwise quiet scenes. For a moment I wonder if she has followed me here and then I give my head a toss to shake off the suspicious thought. It is just a coincidence, it has to be… what reason would anyone have to follow me about? Perhaps she simply lives near to this place. The glance she gives me is vague with no firm sign of recognition, but then I suppose she might not remember even if it was only a few days ago. Her interests and attentions were entirely occupied with the young horned stallion who completed our company at the time. In fact she is giving the current male much the same look now. I will not judge her for it, in truth I find it rather amusing. I remember that stage in my own growth. While I did keep my attentions more focused than she seems to be, who knows what might have happened had I been faced with more options and opportunities.

No comment on any part of her behavior falls from my lips. I would probably have ended up laughing and that would most likely be taken the wrong way. Instead I maintain my polite and proper demeanor offering a welcoming nod to the fourth member of this impromptu gathering.

“Good to see you again Abishia. You know me, but for the benefit of our current company I am called Mermaid.”

In this way I supply her with my name and do not make it obvious that she should have known but has forgotten, if that is in fact the case. Turning now to the others I offer the apology I should have given when I first arrived.

“Please forgive my interruption, I do not mean to intrude.”

I watch them carefully for reaction and should they give any hint that they desire privacy I shall take myself off and find some way to bring the painted girl with me.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

Tagging: @[Ghost]
Copying: @[Fraub] & @[Abishia]

OOC: Terribly sorry for the dreadfully long wait. Feel free to skip my turn on this thread if necessary in the future. I don't mind having to work myself back in later.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-12-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-13-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Fraub - 04-18-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat [Ghost, Mermaid] - by Mermaid - 04-27-2014, 06:26 PM