the Rift

[OPEN] Sleepwalking [Delinne]

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

Tense, warrior’s stance slowly relaxed when Dalibor’s hawkish eyes witnessed the very person he’d wished to speak to emerge from the trees, shadows and bushes. He had not expected such a fortunate turn of events. Soldiers patrolled the borders of every land, he assumed, and Dalibor had anticipated having to explain himself, mayhap even fend off a diversionary attack, before he was able to gain an audience with Delinne. The compact male stood there, unmoving and unblinking as the unicorn gave him a very obvious once-over, wondering if there was any sexual intent meant in that. He doubted it. She seemed to be…toying with him, slightly.

Women. Everything was a game to them until it wasn’t. And you could never tell when they were about to cross that line.

His eyes flicked to the beast with Delinne, remembering it from last time. It had not attacked then, and he doubted it would do so now…especially since he was not here to be belligerent or do anyone any harm. Still, he remained silent as some unheard exchange passed between the two and felt some measure of tension leave his frame as the beast disappeared. Delinne then urged him to tell her what was on his mind.

You don’t really want to know, he thought bitterly, and cast his glance down. Opening his mouth, it hung there for a while, no words coming out. What had he come here to say? What could he say? I understand your loss? I know your pain? I’m sorry I misjudged you? But had he, really? He couldn’t know that until he knew her well, and that required familiarity he was certain would not exist between them. Looking around, he had to admit this place was…lush. “Your home is beautiful,” he murmured quietly, taking in the trees and the green everywhere, the flowing water and thriving life. Not like the place he’d followed Africa to.

Subtlety wasn’t a talent of his, and he felt like a fool fumbling for words, so he let them fall as they wished. “You said you had a Pegasus for a mate.” His eyes cautiously flicked to hers before looking away again. Dalibor didn’t need to see the pain in them to know what it looked like, or felt like. “You are not like the other unicorns – haughty because of a bony protrusion on your head. Why?”

Such a simple word, and such a complicated question: Why?

@[Delinne]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-13-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-13-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 04-20-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Dalibor - 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Sleepwalking [Delinne] - by Delinne - 05-12-2014, 08:18 AM