the Rift

[OPEN] Does this look endless to you? [Aurelia]

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

There was something calming about the vast and seemingly immeasurable expanse of water that stretched out before the rust-and-chalk stallion. Perched on the edge of a sheer cliff, Dalibor gazed down, judging the drop to be quite a way down. Would someone plummeting from this precipice reach terminal velocity before smashing into the rocks below?

Would it hurt?

Would someone like him feel fear, falling?

Flying was as much measured falling as it was anything else.... A deep breath brought his thoughts back from the dark and deathly, and Dalibor cast his gaze back out to the water, listening to the waves crashing against the rocks beneath, listening to the calls of the wheeling birds, taking in the sounds. It was peaceful here, and he surmised it would be even more peaceful if he chose to walk one of the beaches nearby.

Sand around his hooves was not something Dalibor had ever enjoyed. It was a constantly shifting surface, something too difficult to get any real purchase in. Strategically, it was a fabulous place to push your enemy; a horrid place to find yourself caught.

A single blink ended that train of thought. This place, it was called the Endless Blue...but these waters - they weren't really endless, were they? That would be damned impressive, if so. But if they were endless...how could anyone measure that?

So really, this place was just one giant fucking hyperbole. The waters were endless only so long as no one could reach the end.

And everything had to have an end, even if you couldn't see it.

What if I took to the air and just...flew? he thought, wondering how far he would make it. Could he be the one to find the end of this supposedly endless blue?

That'd fuck with their little world in this place, wouldn't it. After all, from what he could tell, everyone here wasn't a native; the adults at least. Everyone had come from elsewhere. How, then, did they all get funneled into the Threshold? Dalibor remembered the compulsion of boundaries in the very air itself, the feeling of literally stepping over a threshold of some kind when he entered Helovia.

Magic. This place was certainly filled with it. Probably what made the Endless Blue so endless. Could anyone even reach the end? Maybe there was a barrier somewhere out there, an invisible net that caught any who tried to fly any further.

With a snort, Dalibor turned away from the water and began to pick his way down the cliff. Thoughts like these were useless. They accomplished nothing, these wonderings and guessings and what iffings.

Action mattered, not thoughts that would never see their musings put to any machinations of the body.

@[Aurelia]

-----------------------------------------------------
OOC: I don't even know lol. Dal is oddly thoughtful right now in my head.

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Does this look endless to you? [Aurelia] - by Dalibor - 05-10-2014, 10:05 PM