the Rift

[OPEN] Does this look endless to you? [Aurelia]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"aurelia talk"

Once I stop talking, the silence doesn't last long. A moment of him staring at me ends with an explanation as to what he has been up to. It is long, but not boring. The simple word thinking would have sufficed, but I do not complain. I rather like his voice, so what is the harm of hearing more of it? I'll tell you.. There is no harm. "What I was doing before you got here was contemplating the accuracy of this place's name. Is the water really endless? How could anyone know?" He wonders about the truth of this land's title, but why? I have never wondered about this land the way he has. To me, it's been the Endless Blue.. no questions asked. To him it's the Is It Really Endless Blue?Perhaps this stallion is more intellectual than I am. Already, he has proven to at least have a brain.

A brain... an object I fear some Helovians may lack.

"I'd test the theory, but I don't feel like accidentally dying today," he concludes. As he does conclude, I am at the edge of my seat, wondering what words will slip from his inky maw next. Will he analyze the World's Edge? Of course, the World's Edge isn't actually the edge of the world, but merely a cliff with the ocean slamming into the bottom of it. As he wraps up his explanation, he snorts at me. I've never been snorted at here. Does it mean the same thing it did where I was born? At my birthplace, a snort was a threat. A snort meant an attack was about to happen, so I instinctively tighten all my muscles and prepare to be attacked by this slab of muscle. Where I was born, horses could be thought of as bulls. A snort and the digging of one front hoof was a challenge. Usually there would be some sort of snide remark or a threat, but none came right now.

Maybe it means something else?

My muscles aren't big enough to be seen tensing up, so if he is just kidding around, he shouldn't be able to see my guard being dragged far and high. Suddenly, he continues as if nothing has happened. Admittedly, it surprises me, but my expression doesn't change. "Dalibor, Dragon's Throat Spear," A slight smile traces my lips. A fighter, ey? Perhaps he could teach me a few things. He is from Dragon's Throat, and I'm on good terms with them, I believe. I doubt problems would be caused by a handsome stallion teaching me how to fight. "Oh, a combatant? Maybe you could teach me how to fight someday." I pause for a moment, but I feel the need to say one more thing. "That is.. if you are up for fighting a girl." I giggle quietly, letting him know I am just having fun. I am not sexist whatsoever. Who knows, he may be, though.

Dalibor. Such a unique name. I've never heard anything like it, and it's oddly interesting. How does one even come up with such a name as Dalibor? I would never have thought of that name, but I wouldn't have thought about the Endless Blue not being endless. Now, I wonder if he named himself, or if someone named him. I dare not ask, afraid I'll upset him if ask him of his past. Some horses, Like Mauja, do not enjoy sharing their past. I am one of those few horses. "What are you doing out here?" With an honest gaze, my lips split apart and I answer his question, not worrying about the fact that who I was with must not be very liked at all. "It's calm here, and I can get away from other horses." With a soft sigh, I continue. "I was alone until I was joined by the stallion, Mauja. I left him, though and walked a bit-- ending here." I offer a subtle smile. My teeth remain hidden behind pale lips, though. For I do not like smiling with my teeth... It makes me look like I'm growling.

"Dalibor?" My feminine voice cuts through the silence like a knife through warm butter. "That was quite an observation you made about this land and it's title. I do not know if you want my opinion on the subject, but I believe that the first horses here were not winged. Flying is much faster than swimming, so perhaps it was assumed endless," I let my gaze try to find his, "I do not think pegasus have tried to fly out as far as they can and try to reach the end." Maybe it is endless, and Dalibor and I are overthinking it.

I don't usually overthink things. Actually, I usually underthink things, but I guess there can be firsts for everyone.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this look endless to you? [Aurelia] - by Aurelia - 05-13-2014, 08:02 PM