the Rift

[PRIVATE] What have I done now?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia listened to Ktulu's words, nodding bitterly. A small frown formed over her gray lips. Were they truly destined for violence? Were her attempts at a normal life just an amusement for the gods? Their father had been a warrior, a powerful one. Their mother had fought too. Every family member, it seemed, was covered in blood, markings in agreement. "I am unsure of fate..." she murmured quietly, thinking on her free will.

If the gods were all knowing, if the God of Time knew what was going to happen, did free will exist at all? Was she only a ripple in an ocean, unseen and ineffective against the might of the unified waves? "You know I like violence, but it... I was changed by it all, and I am not sure that I like the difference." Ophelia tried to shrug it off, but the lingering nagging of fate was stuck in her head.

Phi furrowed her brows when Ktulu answered that Mirage was not in the World's Edge anymore. Where had she gone? The dragon mare had been a unifying force of that herd, a single woman so powerful that she had taken over the unicorns and apparently held them at bay once more. How could she just be gone? The fact that she had killed Donovan had not gone unnoticed, but she could not condemn Mirage for his death. She was a defender, and he had made a choice. "Who leads now?" she asked, suddenly unsure about following her sister.

Mirage would have welcomed her, she knew.

But, she had already at least said that she would try. She could not go back now, and at least she could watch and learn. Ophelia was loyal to Ktulu, not anyone else, and there was a distinct difference. She would never fight against her sister, never harm her intentionally, and she would always support her needs. However, those feelings did not extend at all toward anyone else, even if Ktulu found them to be worthy. They were not her sister. They did not travel hundreds of miles alone together. They were meaningless.

"I love you too," she whispered in return, completing their embrace. Of course she had never stopped loving Ktulu. Did those words need to be spoken? Ophelia took a step back from her embrace.

"As I said, north," she replied, nodding toward the distant mountains. "The snow is unchanging and the mountains are constant. It... I find... that a good place to... clear... my head..." she managed, looking at her sister intensely. Ktulu would know what she was talking about. "The memories are starting to blend with reality at times."

All that's waiting is regret
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Ali

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM