the Rift

[PRIVATE] What have I done now?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia felt the way about the north that Ktulu did about the meadow. The mountains of snow were so unchanging and constant. She could lose herself in the whiteness and beauty of the eternal winter. The less her memory had to write, the better she felt, and nothing was quite as steady as the mountains, covered in snow. Everything that had happened to her had happened in temperate climates, good and bad. Being in the snow was outside of everything, outside of existence, a place of solitude and recharging. Anything without change was a good place as it was less stress on her already full mind. Some days she wondered when she would burst or go entirely mad.

A voice reached her ears, and she struggled to contain what she was feeling. Ktulu... A part of her wanted to smile happily and go join her sister after her vacation, but she knew that she could not do that. After she had visited the Dragon's Throat and learned that the Basin had invaded with the Foothills, she knew that all of that had been her fault. And though she had left for reasons, that at the time, seemed just and right, the fallout had been anything but. In hindsight, she had left the herd moments after putting them on this path, seemingly running away from the trouble she had thrown them in.

In reality, she was trying to prove to her sister that her path of war and destruction was going to end up hurting everything that she loved. The life of a mercenary was no life at all. After trying to prove to her sister that she could not deny anyone help, including the Basin, and not be a hypocrite, she had just... left. Granted, she had spoken to a wise, old mare before making her decision, and she had done so for herself and for Tinek. Those choices hadn't seemed so selfish then...

But now?

Tears flooded her strange, dual colored eyes as she heard Ktulu's steps trot closer, and she hitched in an emotional breath. She was happy that her dark sister said nothing. In a way, the silence was merciful as it kept the only voice of disappointment her own mind. Ophelia blinked roughly and winced, unable to meet her sister's gaze. "I know it's too late for an apology," she said, half-whispering her strangled response.

All that's waiting is regret
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Ali

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM