the Rift

[PRIVATE] What have I done now?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Tinek, now fully grown and very heavy, excitedly chirped and flew down from Ophelia's back. His childhood friend, bear, had come running toward him and was now wiggling on the ground. The dragon joined him, careful not to spear the chunky, furry flesh with his spines. In the back of his mind, he was worried about his pale bonded, but this was his friend. He wanted to spend time with his friend.

Ophelia had fully expected Ktulu to stand there, judging her words and decisions. Why? Because she deserved the anger. A just world was one in which her actions were punished, and she believed in a just world - no matter how unjustly it treated her at times. So, when Ktulu approached swiftly, she furrowed her brows in surprise, hearing the words "I don't care" reach a disbelieving heart.

Ktulu's neck hooked over her own, and she accepted the contact gratefully. She hitched in a painful breath and hooked her jaw under her sister's neck, trying to return the contact as much as she possibly could. How long had it been since everything had been right between them? How long had it been since she had been able to confide in the only being who truly understood? Ophelia sniffed hard, trying to blink away tears as Ktulu selflessly ignored the transgressions between them.

She was officially welcomed home, and Ophelia smiled, a pained, cracking smile through wincing lips. Finally, she pulled away, though only slightly. She was standing shoulder to shoulder with her sister again, and she wasn't willing to quickly give this up. Ktulu forgave her, and things seemed... right - at least a little.

"I'm... I'm so sorry," she murmured quietly. "I heard that the Basin invaded the Throat from Midas, but everything is different now. Some sort of sickness, right? I know that this was my fault. I know that I pushed us and the Basin together, but now I haven't even seen Psyche." Ophelia blinked, sniffling a little and shifting her weight. "I was attacked by some pegasus who said something about Mauja disappearing into the sea and also about the Throat being attacked by unicorns, so that confirmed my suspicions. I just had to get away from all of it," she whispered.

"I... go north, when I need peace. The snow is calming. My memories are getting harder to keep in their place, and I just... I need my family." Ophelia smiled softly and then hitched a breath. She leaned against her sister, closing her eyes. "Where do you live now?" she asked.

All that's waiting is regret
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Ali

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM