the Rift

[PRIVATE] What have I done now?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia felt glad that Ktulu was sorry too. Maybe they were equal now. Maybe both of their regrets could be fully put to rest. Hearing about the battle was perhaps not something that she wanted, but she knew that she had to. This was her punishment for fucking everything up and then walking away from the fallout. She had to know what happened, and she had to know how it all felt. Going into her sister's mind was something she had done many times before, but somehow, this time, it seemed so much harder.

Much to her surprise, as she peeked inside, she saw that Ktulu did not go into battle. Where she expected to see blood and chaos was quiet, nothingness. Ktulu did not fight. Ktulu was with her youngest, Ranjiri, who was still very young. How could Ophelia have pushed for this, knowing that her sister had been carrying Midas' child? However, she watched as she approached the dead form of Donovan after Archibald had informed her of the battle.

She had set fire to his body in a conflagration of a warrior's honor, feeling enough guilt to bring tears to an army. Ophelia felt the pain in her own chest, then stopped the connection, returning to the conversation that she had been listening to as if underwater. "I am sure that he felt honor, dying in battle," she replied in an honest attempt to help her sister let go of some guilt. "Our family seems to arrive and leave in violence."

At the mention of Lakota, Ophelia raised a brow. What of Midas? Did she not want to return to the Dragon's Throat and live with him? She had found Lakota, long ago, and now it was curious that Ktulu was so close to the other mare. Jealousy was an ugly word, but it certainly fit the ugly emotion that settled like a cigarette burn in her chest. As she continued explaining, everything started to make a little more sense.

Ophelia strangled her desire to peek into Ktulu's love life, and instead shifted her weight slightly. "How is Mirage?" she asked, unaware that the black night-mare had disappeared. The pale princess had always admired Mirage, Rishima and Hellena, the three, beautiful ladies of the World's Edge. "Maybe... I can go with you, for a little while. Though, I am not one to serve, like you do. If I learned anything from this, it's that I do not belong in a group. You are my only family and the only one to whom I am loyal."

But what about Ktulu and Lakota?

All that's waiting is regret
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Ali

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 05-13-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ophelia - 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: What have I done now? - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM