Destiny Calling

Mads Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

MADSINEX

& THESE VOICES CALL OUT TO ME...

... I THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE DESTINY

WHEN THE DUST AROUND ME

settled back to the land, and at last I could catch a shivering breath without choking on the earthen floor, I let myself lie still for a moment. Dragging in dry, heaving breaths, I sighed wearily. My head had a dull ache resonating through it, each beat of my heart sending a loud pulsing noise through my ears, bringing with it a pain that made my stomach churn. I licked my lips with my dry, sandpaper tongue. Bits of dirt sent a slightly bitter taste running through me, and my stomach made a noise I could only describe as comical. Apparently, dirt residue doesn't satisfy. Lifting my face from the moist soil I forced myself to roll upwards so I could survey the area. Clumps of grass and dirt fell from my cheek, but I paid them no attention. I was too busy looking at the rich lands around me.

A STRANGE SENSE OF UNEASE

overcame me. Something like panic caused icy fingers of fear to crawl up my spine and make my hair stand on end. I didn't know where I was. The realization dawned on me, and all at once the fear seemed to consume me. I tried desperately to search my mind for something, anything to tell me where I was... But there was nothing. The only thing I could think was "Madsinex." The funny thing was, I instinctively knew that was my name. Where I came from, how I got here, where I was, how old I was, who my parents were... It was all lost. It was like, here as I woke was the first day of my life. Trust me, it isn't a pleasant feeling.

THE PAIN IN MY HEAD SUBSIDED

as the fear within grew more. Thrusting my thin legs out in front of me, I pushed myself off the hard ground. A wave of dizziness passed over me as I teetered momentarily, but with a deep breath I regained my balance. I shook off my dusty coat, and took a shaky step forward. Auds flickered upon my head, as I caught the screeching sounds of birds of prey overhead. Smaller birds sang their songs, flitting between branches to take cover. My stomach still knotted with tension, I found myself wishing I could also take cover. I wandered aimlessly for a few moments, tense and uncomfortable in my new surroundings. The eerie silence was nearly unbearable, and so after what seemed like hours, I let out a shy nicker. Eager and afraid all at once, I listened anxiously for a returning call.

Messages In This Thread
Destiny Calling - by Mads - 04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Elsa - 04-15-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Mads - 04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Sevin - 04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Elsa - 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM