Destiny Calling

Mads Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

MADSINEX

SO THEY WHISPER, CALLING MY NAME

SINISTER LAUGHTER, MOCKING ALL DAY...

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR ME

to hear the sounds of an approaching form. I stood frozen in the early morning sun, muscles tense beneath my scrawny form. I twitched nervously, my pale blonde hide pulled and stretched taught over the bones in my stomach and hips. Everything around me seemed to slow so that I could feel my every pulse, hear the whisper of my breath as it filled my lungs and rolled back out into the world again. My eyes and ears stayed pointed directly towards the sounds of the stranger coming my way. I tried to tell myself to stay calm, but the situation seemed so daunting that it was near impossible.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS EXPECTING

but the intruding form of a shockingly beautiful icy white mare was not it. As she drew close to me, I could feel myself staring, but I was so taken aback by her unearthly beauty that I had a hard time drawing my eyes away. I was suddenly, and brutally aware of all of my imperfections-- my matted mane, my patchy, dirty coat, my misshapen form, undernourished and sickly. I heard her speak to me, and I understood what she was asking, but I was still dumbfounded by her appearance. "You... you have wings?" I whispered without thought. Once the words had so carelessly fallen from my mouth, I realized what I had said and hurried to correct myself. "Oh! Sorry, I uhm. Elsa. Nice to meet you, I'm Madsinex." I mumbled gracelessly. Way to make an ass of yourself, Mads. Wouldn't want to try and sound eloquent, would you? I chastised myself. I forced myself to lift my glassy blue eyes to hers and put an impish smile on my face. "I don't really know what I'm doing... But a home wold be nice." I spoke. I was desperately trying to remember anything from my past-- did I already have a home? Had I met other equines with stunning looks and unusual markings and wings? My lack of recollection was infuriating.

I WONDERED TO MYSELF WHAT

a home in this new (is it new, I can't remember?!) world would be like. Was I in Elsa's home right now, is that how she had found me? Was I trespassing? Were all of the animals of this place so strange and captivating? How did things around here work, and why couldn't I remember if I already knew these things or not? This day had only just started, and already I felt exhausted. I decided then that as long as I didn't have any memories from my past, that I would simply have to focus on the present. A home was a good place to start, it seemed. And having some friends, a safe place, maybe that would allow me to calm down... And maybe after that my past would come back to me. I waited for Elsa to counter my faltering response, hoping to myself that she wasn't going to lead me to my death. I shifted my weight nervously, trying to make polite eye contact without staring. I hate to admit, I was not always successful.

tag. @[Elsa]
ooc. thanks!! i'm excited to be rping again. :3

Messages In This Thread
Destiny Calling - by Mads - 04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Elsa - 04-15-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Mads - 04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Sevin - 04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Destiny Calling - by Elsa - 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM