the Rift

[PRIVATE] we all start somewhere

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
ALYSANNE
Alysanne was not left waiting long, the golden king with his comforting voice. It reminded her of her father – that deep voice, like rolling thunder. The voice and his chuckle serves to comfort her. She could not begrudge him sleeping in! “No apologies needed – it is a good day to catch up on sleep.” Overcast skies always encouraged her to sleep a little longer.

When asked about whether she had need of him, Alysanne’s smile brightened before it faltered. This wasn’t something she had asked anyone before! “I do – that is, if you have some time to spare.” She realized that maybe she should have spoken with him earlier to try to schedule in some time – but perhaps her luck would hold out, perhaps he would have a least a little bit of time (and some interest) in helping her out. “I’ve been thinking about what you said at the first meeting back here, about defending our home and those within it.” She pauses, her green eyes dancing about and unable to stay put on him – wondering how ridiculous she sounded. “I’ve never been a fighter – healing is what I know. But I love this herd and I don’t want to be useless if there is ever a time when we need all the fighters we can get.” She was nervous - shifting on her feet a little as she spoke - and felt as though she were using too many words to sum up one basic point. It wasn’t often that they black and white mare felt nervous. Confessing her love to Sasha? No problem! Realizing she was going to be a mother? Easy!

But this… this was not something she was built to do. It was not wired into her brain, it was something else entirely. But it did feel important.

This was her family and she wanted all the skills necessary to protect her family. Would she not do everything she could to protect her son? In his absence, this herd was what she had to protect. Beautiful Brisa, joyful Kahlua, wise Resplendence and all the others. If she had any strength in her, she would want to use it to do prevent injuries rather than just heal them after the fact.

It made her uneasy, learning to fight, but she felt as though it were necessary.

“I wanted to know if you could teach me some basics?” Though they had lived in the same herd for a few seasons, Alysanne wasn’t completely certain he could help her – she was just basing her assumptions off of what he had said at the meeting.

HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
table by Sevin!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Kaj - 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Kaj - 05-12-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: we all start somewhere - by Alysanne - 05-20-2014, 11:53 AM